the12volt.com spacer
icon

Blackjax 5 parallel install with 5906

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mai42356 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2016 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mai42356
I have a Clifford 5906 successfully installed in my 1999 Wrangler, with the tach connection at the coil. I want to install a Blackjax 5 counter carjacking measure. Does anyone have any information on possible conflicts with the shared tach connection any other possible compatibility problem? I have the Jeep prewired now for the Blackjax 5 and will stage the install with temporary wire nuts to make sure evrything still works before I hardwire it in. I am using a dedicated LED and Siren. But the door, brake and tach connections will all be shared. And the ignition and starter loops pass through both control units. Any thoughts here would be helpful. Thanks.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2016 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Shouldn't be any problems.
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2016 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
If you will be cutting the ignition wire for the install make sure you ignition connections are properly soldered!
And make sure the 5906 ignition output is connected after the Blackjax 5 so only key and not R/S output is interrupted. Other that that you need to hook up the tach for rpm based shutdown or to the VSS wire for speed shutdown and settings configured and follow the programming instructions for the connection you make. Everything else is a straight forward connection like with the Alarm R/S.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2016 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Speed Sense (VSS) Speed Sense WHITE/ orange white plug, pin 27 @ PCM
mai42356 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mai42356
Hey there, I read your response and yikes! I did not consider the order in which the iginition and starter loops are arranged. I will check tonight when I get home by cutting the loop I have prewired for the Blackjax. Ths issue for me here is all of the work is neatly wrapped in black tape and difficult to undo and redo. I was wondering what is the recommendation about ordering the R/S last have an effect on? I mean why is this considered "Best Practice"? Just so I understand the logic here, clearly I have been away a long time and tend to miss some of the fundamentals when things get a little hairy. Also do you have a preference on RPM vs VSS Blackjax management? Thanks as always for your insights...M
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
IF you connect the R/S before the Blackjax it can stop the R/S from starting the vehicle when the Blackjax is armed.
mai42356 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mai42356
OK, so I have not had experience with the Blackjax as yet and am learning the behaviors associated with it. I assume you mean when the unit is not in valet and the vehicle is parked between trips, the unit has the ignition and starter loops open, waiting for the code to be entered? Would that be accurate? If so, then I can see the problem with the ordering of the loops.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Nail head!
mai42356 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mai42356
OK, I'm not sure what that is, but I am just trying to get through this install successfully, while I am learning all the functions as I go. Probably something like building the plane in the air. I apologize if I come off as clumsy, I have been away from the install bays now for 19 years so... alot has changed and I have been working with data centers (servers and such). Not much in common there. Anyway thanks for the support..M
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2016 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
mai42356 wrote:
OK, so I have not had experience with the Blackjax as yet and am learning the behaviors associated with it. I assume you mean when the unit is not in valet and the vehicle is parked between trips, the unit has the ignition and starter loops open, waiting for the code to be entered? Would that be accurate? If so, then I can see the problem with the ordering of the loops.
You hit the nail on the head ie You got it!Blackjax 5 parallel install with 5906 -- posted image.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic