the12volt.com spacer
icon

Avital 4103 cranks but won't start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mgassan 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2016 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgassan
I have a 2002 Toyota 4Runner. My avital 4103 has been installed and working for many years. I just replaced my truck battery and now my remote start cranks but doesn't start. If I put the key next to or in the ignition it will start. Until I can figure it out I have zip tied my spare key next to my ignition. My bypass unit is an xpresskit pkall. I tried reprogramming the bypass following the directions but the led never came on to show it was working. I live in a remote town in Alaska and we do not have an installer here to help and the manufacturer won't help either.
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2016 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
Is the bypass hardwired or dbi? If it's dbi, is this a 4103 with two ports? One for dbi, one for smartstart/bitwriter or just one red four pin going to the bypass?
lurch228 
Silver - Posts: 1,338
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2016 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Power cycle the Pkall. As the PKALL is a program once unit.
mgassan 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2016 at 1:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgassan
I followed the directions for programming. The problem is that the led did not come on when the programming button was pushed. The remote start works so I believe it's sending voltage to the bypass. It will start when the key is next to the ignition. So to answer your post, I did power cycle it by unplugging all the plugs. Nothing happened. Not sure why the led didn't light up. But maybe that is the cause, not getting a signal from the 4103.
mgassan 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2016 at 2:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgassan
The 4103 has one 4 pin port for both the D2D and bitwriter. The wires are red, black, blue and white. They go straight to the bypass.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2016 at 4:01 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
mgassan wrote:
I followed the directions for programming. The problem is that the led did not come on when the programming button was pushed. The remote start works so I believe it's sending voltage to the bypass. It will start when the key is next to the ignition. So to answer your post, I did power cycle it by unplugging all the plugs. Nothing happened. Not sure why the led didn't light up. But maybe that is the cause, not getting a signal from the 4103.
Once the vehicle is started with the key the immobilizer has been satisfied and you can do take over with remote start.
It won't program a second time once it has been successfully programed to a vehicle.
Try temporally grounding the Blue/White (-)While running (status) input to ground and see if it comes on.
If it didn't come on then check that you are getting voltage on the D2D cable Black and Red.
If D2D is outputting voltage to the PKALL and grounding the status doesn't turn it on then the module has failed.
IF no voltage on D2D then Remote starter has a issue.
mgassan 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2016 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mgassan
Thank you for all your assistance. I will give it a shot and see.
lurch228 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2016 at 2:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote lurch228
Ok

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic