the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

I need an amp for Alpine Type S speakers?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kulblue 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2016 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kulblue
I have the Alpine Type S Component and Coaxial Speakers Both 6.5", has 80 Watts RMS each. I like to add Amp for my Alpine Speakers. Using OEM Factory Stereo.
How much watts RMS I need? to Power the Alpine Type S?
I like to get the Rockford Fosgate 4 Channel and Which One I need?
A) Rockford Fosgate R250x4? 40 Watts RMS Each
B) Rockford Fosgate R300x4? 50 Watts RMS Each
C) Rockford Fosgate R400x4D? 75 Watts RMS Each
D) Rockford Fosgate PBR300x4? 75 Watts RMS Each
I already Installed my Rockford Fosgate R500x1D Amplifier and Alpine Type S 10" Subwoofer
kulblue 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2016 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kulblue
No one?
infinity99 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2016 at 1:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote infinity99
Depends on your budget to say the least. The best rule of thumb is to buy the best amp you can afford. Period. Your speakers state 80w RMS, but honestly you do not need to feed them 80w RMS to get great sound. Sure the more RMS (nominal) power you feed them the better the sound will be, but they would sound fine on 40 RMS with a high end, or high current amp.
It all depends on what you think would be suitable, you do not need to break the bank, just get a good solid amp that's within your budget, anything about 50 RMS would be just fine. PS! Pay attention to distortion at rated output, the higher the distortion, the crappier it will sound at higher volume/output.
If I were you, here is what I would do. I would buy r300x4, only because it is class AB (theoretically better sound than class D), however, it is much larger than a class D amp and less efficient. If space is a factor, then I would get R400x4D because of its size, and versatility in using lower impedance loads in the future.
Hope this helps./
kulblue 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2016 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kulblue
I just ordered the RF R400x4D someone told me better the higher watts.. I'm newbie about the sound system.I don't about class D or AB stand for lol.
Thanks for replied.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic