the12volt.com spacer
icon

1994 Lexus LS400 4806V remote start troubles

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ls400club 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2016 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ls400club
I actually have the wires spliced together and taped up the old fashion way. I didn't install the hood pin switch because I didn't think it was that necessary.
ls400club 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2016 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ls400club
What I don't understand is that it remote starts perfectly fine with the ignition in the on position. I'd think that the tach wire is working if it starts in the on position.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2016 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
It means one of your ignition wires is incorrect.
ls400club 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2016 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ls400club
I've literally studied the wiring diagrams for that car and I have every ignition wire connected to the correct ignition wire on the viper module.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2016 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smokeman1
Test your wires for their function.
Try a different source for the TACH.
Possible the Pink/White is not set for Ignition 2.
As Howie started above.
Wiring diagrams are a GUIDE. Wires in car might be different than listed. Colors fade, Might be two of the same color scheme in same harness... Use your DMM to test and verify. Also check the Pink/White with a DMM to make sure it is set to Ignition. Not Starter or Accessory.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2016 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
In fact from what I remember, Toyotas use BOTH wires as ignition one, i.e. BOTH are required to start.
ls400club 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2016 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ls400club
Okay I'll look into it some more. Here's a video of what it's doing. remote start troubles
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 27, 2016 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Verify the function of both ignition wires as you start the car with the key. Both wires should maintain voltage during cranking.
Now test them while you try to remote start. Do this without the key in the ignition.
If one of the two wires has power initially, but it drops to zero during cranking, it is programmed as an accessory wire, not an ignition wire. Reprogram to ignition.
If one of the wires has no output at all, double check the fuses/connections in the heavy gauge remote start harness.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
ls400club 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2016 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ls400club
I just checked the wires with the key and a multimeter. The ignition 1 wire drops power during cranking. The ignition 2 wire maintains voltage. The acc wire also drops current during crank. On the remote start module the ignition 1 and ignition 2 wires stay constant during crank. The acc wire from the module drops current though.
ls400club 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2016 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote ls400club
The starter from the module that I have connected to the car's starter wire is actually showing open line during cranking with the remote start button. However, the only ignition wire from the module I have connected is the ignition 2 wire.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic