the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper Smart Start Confusion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
denali09 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2016 at 5:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote denali09
Hello everyone
Currently I am really confused about the Smart Start systems availability. I am currently in Canada and after researching around I got a great deal on a Viper 4806v on eBay. But looking on Smart start Canadian website there are multiple places where they both say it is usable in Canada, and where it is not. CDMA is being phased out in Canada Completely next month and I just want to know nut to spend a 200$ investment that will be a brick when I finish installing it. A few months back I visited a local install shop when buying some audio equipment and asked if Smart start worked here at all because of the network. The guy looked at me like I was an idiot for asking and said yep installed one this week and work.So If anyone has any info that would be amazing.I thought about using the EVO-ONE with the drone and viper but then i'm loosing the whole security aspect I want. The original reason I went with the viper was because I could purchase it and I found the remote visually better.Thanks sorry for going all over the place.Just don't know what to do regarding this
matt1981m 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2016 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote matt1981m
I would call SmartStart and ask. The couple times I have had to call, I have had good luck with the support reps. I have a VSM200 (old, non-gps version uses GSM which is spotty in my area) and just upgraded to the VSM350 (CDMA GPS version) which uses Verizon here in the states. If the CDMA version is a no-go for you, you could always get a VSM200/VSM250 (non-gps/gps) and stick with with GSM. The GSM devices are slower to respond is the only real downside.
denali09 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2016 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote denali09
Great thanks.Good to know that the older models are GSM based.Viper doesn't give any clarification about the specifications just intends you to get it done by a shop.Im buying a used VSM250 with a two way kit.So I will give it a shot and if not I found out there's a Canadian version.Thanks again

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic