icon

Pioneer/Premier

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Tcole 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2003 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know the differences between the pioneer line and there premier line. I saw one of each line the other day and they look pretty much identical except for the premier logo.
I have the DEH-p350 Premier
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2003 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  

Premier products have a 2 year warranty I believe, while the pioneer products only have a 1 year warranty.  There are more premier head units out there with 4 volt preouts than pioneer head units, and the premier models don't have the equivalent to the low end pioneer DEH-1500.  in my opinion, it's kind of a gimmick and you're basically just paying the extra money (can range anywhere from 50-300 bucks more for equivalent models) for that extra year of the warranty.

I've heard some people say the SQ of the premier head units is better than that of a pioneer head unit, although I don't really share that opinion.

Also there are some very high end premier products that have no pioneer equivalent, such as the DEX-P9 & DEQ-P9.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
Tcole 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2003 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
Not the answer I was hoping for. I wanted to hear that Premier kicks ass and stuff, it does anyways. The head unit I have is the cats meow, I am totally happy with it.
Sebastian018 
Silver - Posts: 364
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2003 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Premier have 2 year warranty and Pioneer 1, I always Go for Premier, Best Quality, I like it more than Pioneer, ALso Premier is a little more expensive.
Later0.00
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2003 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  

There;s nothing wrong with Premier at all, it's definitely as good, if not better than Pioneer.  All I meant was that not everyone will be able to tell the difference in the sound/build quality between two comparable models between the two brand lines; and that therefore it's sometimes (but not always) wiser to just stick with the pioneer version.

Trust me I have always been a pioneer/premier fan ever since I got into car stereos and would never bash either of their lines.  They've always come out with some really nifty features before all the other companies and i'm always anxious to see what they have planned next!

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic