the12volt.com spacer
icon

Big 3, Stereo, 09 Hyundai Sonata

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
whitemike0110 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2017 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote whitemike0110
I know this may be a difficult question to answer if you don't have experience with this specific vehicle. So I'm hoping someone does, plus I've heard Hyundai's are all pretty similar. I have a 09 Hyundai sonata. I upgraded battery ground and engine block ground. But I'm having trouble finding alternator positive wire. Will I have to access this from underneath the vehicle. And for those who have done big three were you able to do the alternator part from top. I just upgraded to an mmats 1400.1 but it's wired @2 so I'm probably only doing about 800 watts but I'm about to throw in another amp(forckford fosgate 400.4) and my lights are already dimming. And I plan to eventually use that amp at 1. Thanks for any help!
Hello.
whitemike0110 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2017 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote whitemike0110
All the wiring configuration that I find is for subwoofers can I apply this to mid-range speakers as well? I have 4 ohm speakers and I'm trying to get a 2 ohm load please help any input is greatly appreciated even if it's just directed to a link
Hello.
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2017 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
The type of speaker does not matter. Yes, you can use the subwoofer wiring application for any speakers for nominal impedance loads.
Big 3, Stereo, 09 Hyundai Sonata -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
whitemike0110 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2017 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote whitemike0110
My speakers are 100w rms. They are 4 ohm I cannot wire together to get a 2 ohm load on amp which would be 100w rms. Amp is 100w rms@2, and 60w rms@4. But bridged @4 it's 200w rms. Can run both pairs of speaker wire into one bridged channel and get 200w rms. Will the power be distributed evenly. Because right now I can only feed them 60w a piece. But if I just bridge them together they'll get their 100 a piece. Thanks!
Hello.
the12volt 
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2017 at 4:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
If I read your post correctly, you have an amplifier that is stable at 2 ohms per channel stereo and 4 ohms mono, and you have two 4 ohm single voice coil speakers. If you wire the speakers parallel, you will have a 2 ohm load. Yes, the power will be distributed evenly to each speaker, but you can only safely connect them to one stereo channel of the amplifier when wired at 2 ohms. You're better off wiring each 4 ohm speaker to its own stereo channel as you likely have it now.
Big 3, Stereo, 09 Hyundai Sonata -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
whitemike0110 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2017 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote whitemike0110
Yeah I would have to run a speaker wire from one negative to the other Neg. And their each in separate doors. This would be difficult. Is there any way I can wire two 4 ohm speakers to 2 ohms without running that wire to each other. My only other option was to bridge them at 4 to get 200wrms but it would be in one channel having both sets of wires into one speaker spot on amp. And from what I know and you said it too you should only have one speaker per spot. Sorry my terminology isn't the best bit hopefully you get my drift.
Hello.
whitemike0110 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2017 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote whitemike0110
So I currently have 2 RE 12s. And no also have a dd 10". Can I add the 10 somewhere in my setup. Would this be beneficial. Maybe have the ten set to play some higher hz. Thoughts?
Hello.
whitemike0110 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2017 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote whitemike0110
I've been asking a lot of questions lately, thanks for all the help. So I have a factory head unit. And I just put in a second amp for speakers. A four channel. I have one loc connected for my mono block. Could I add a second to give my 4 channel separate input
Or should I split the existing rcas?
Thanks
And I just bought another loc I was going to swap out cause it has a bass knob. But I do t want to use it on speakers obviously and if I'm giving both amps a signal from it I won't be able to use it. That's where this thought came from. One loc for 4 channel, the other with bass knob for monoblock
Hello.
the12volt 
Posted: February 07, 2017 at 3:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
whitemike0110 wrote:
Yeah I would have to run a speaker wire from one negative to the other Neg. And their each in separate doors. This would be difficult. Is there any way I can wire two 4 ohm speakers to 2 ohms without running that wire to each other. My only other option was to bridge them at 4 to get 200wrms but it would be in one channel having both sets of wires into one speaker spot on amp. And from what I know and you said it too you should only have one speaker per spot. Sorry my terminology isn't the best bit hopefully you get my drift.
It doesn't matter where the physical location of the parallel connections are, whether in the door or at the amplifier. If the door speakers are for reproducing anything other than frequencies below 100 Hz, I would not run them in parallel, unless you truly do not want to listen to music in stereo.
the12volt 
Posted: February 07, 2017 at 3:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote the12volt
whitemike0110 wrote:
I've been asking a lot of questions lately, thanks for all the help. So I have a factory head unit. And I just put in a second amp for speakers. A four channel. I have one loc connected for my mono block. Could I add a second to give my 4 channel separate input
Or should I split the existing rcas?
Thanks
And I just bought another loc I was going to swap out cause it has a bass knob. But I do t want to use it on speakers obviously and if I'm giving both amps a signal from it I won't be able to use it. That's where this thought came from. One loc for 4 channel, the other with bass knob for monoblock
Yes, you can use an LOC on the front and rear, and RCA Y adapters if needed.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic