the12volt.com spacer
icon

Audio Wiring, electrical noob

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
weeg 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2017 at 6:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote weeg
Hello all,
In the process of my first audio build, trying to get as much information as possible to avoid burning my car to the ground so any and all help appreciated. I want to get it right
My build (trying to include as much info as possible):
Suzuki swift sport 2008
HU: Alpine UTE-92BT (as has all necessary pre-outs and going to mount a double din size tablet in front of it eventually)
Front speakers: Alpine SPG-17CS (60w RMS) components
Rear: Alpine SPG-17C2 (60w RMS) coaxial
Amp:Alpine PDR-F50 1000W 4 Channel (85w *4 RMS)
Sub: Powered Fli Trap ACTIVE subwoofer. 1000w peak, old sub from my old car cant find the tech specs ANYWHERE. but it says " FLI loaded 200" by the connections which i think is the amp and possibly 200w RMS?
Extras: Silent coat 4mm, 2mm / ordering some acoustic foam / Steering wheel controls adapter./will buy a relay for REM wires/
I have Vibe 4Ga wiring kit already from previous car.
My wiring questions are:
-Alpine amp recommends 4ga wire, however with a distribution block it recommends 1/0AWG or 2AWG from battery to block. cant find any 2awg is there any downsides to using 1/0? ie. power loss?
-I'd use a fused dist. block with the same fuses as the amp right? or are the fuses to protect the wire and i'll need a bigger fuse corresponding with the wire?
-if I use another dist. block for ground, will the end ground cable need fusing? in which case should I buy another fused block or unfused w/ inline fuse?
- Am I better off just buying another 4ga cable kit and installing 2 power cables, and no dist. blocks? in terms of budget and actual gains?
- Maybe most importantly, and I probably should of researched this more before starting. Is this going to burn out my alternator/battery/electrical system? I calculated the current draw from my audio setup to be about 80-90A based on RMS values. But I dont think I have that much room to play with on the alternator :( Recommendations?
(subwoofer will be upgraded if drowned out by the rest of system, when budget allows) (speakers and amp are on order still so can cancel if you think ive made a big mistake, got them all for £380.00 which I thought was reasonable)
Thats it, all other info. such as deadening, tuning, setup, wiring diagrams etc... I can find easily online but any other recommendations to improve my setup would be highly appreciated.
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
badfish729 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2017 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote badfish729
1/0 is fine. More room for that power to move!
weeg 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2017 at 4:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote weeg
Ok great thanks , may aswell have the extra headroom aswell I guess

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic