the12volt.com spacer
icon

bypass gm bose amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
qualityat 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2017 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote qualityat
I have a 2004 Tahoe with the non lux bose amp that just died and i had planned to upgrade the HU soon anyways. I have a Denali parts truck but it has the Lux amp. My question is how can I bypass the factory amp when installing a new head unit?
joshua mendlowitz
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 12, 2017 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Remove the radio from the dash. In the radio cavity look at the lower right corner, there is a plug attached to the back side of the framework. It is a bypass plug. Break the sned that attaches it to the framework, remove it and unplug it. The end that will plug into the radio is attached to the 4 speakers of the vehicle.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2017 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparkie
Schematics for that vehicle don't show any bypass plug. There is a large 40 pin connector under the drink tray in the centre console. It has all the speaker wires in it except the sub woofer which is in the small connector next to it. Depending on what you are planning on using to amplify the speakers, check their impedance. Many Bose speakers are 2 ohm which is too low for any radio or some amps.
sparky
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 15, 2017 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
bypass gm bose amp -- posted image.
Above picture is of an 04 yukon or tahoe with bose. For reference the air conditioner control is mounted.   The plug in the picture is attached to the 4 speakers of the vehicle. If there is a harness attached to your aftermarket radio, simply plug the pictured harness into the harness. No need to change anything. That harness has Constant, ground and data.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic