the12volt.com spacer
icon

2016 Silverado 2500HD - 5706V/DBall2 - No crank

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KingVinnie 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2017 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote KingVinnie
Just finished up a install on a 2016 Silverado 2500HD.
Viper 5706 and DBAll (the new DB3)
Everything is connected per D2D. DBAll seemed to program fine. Door locks and triggers work fine.
When I try to remote start, Ignition comes on and cycles thru starting process but never cranks.
During what should be cranking the instrument cluster turns off.
I'm in Auto transmission mode.
I've tried Virtual Tach and No Checking
I've tried to remote start with key in barrel
KingVinnie
KingVinnie 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2017 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote KingVinnie
also add..
Iv tried 2 different DBall modules.
Current and Beta firmware
KingVinnie
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2017 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
The most common error on these trucks is to have the data wire connected to the wrong side of the cut immobilizer wire. Did you tie into the wiring at the column or did you do it all at the bcm?
KingVinnie 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2017 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote KingVinnie
At first i grabbed everything at the bcm, but was having problems programming the key. Ended up just going to the column for the immobilizer, right at the connector and it programs fine now.
KingVinnie
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2017 at 6:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
With the cluster going off, it almost sounds like the R/S Ignition and Accessory wires are reversed.
Just did a 2016 1500 Sierra w/ON Star last week that went smoothly. I always use iDatalink modules ( never an issue ) and make the connections at the BCM.
Soldering is fun!
KingVinnie 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2017 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote KingVinnie
Figured the cluster out, the door was open when I was testing so it was just the RAP shutting off for a second before it tried the start again. Doent do it with the doors closed.
I'm thinking something with the immobilizer, because when i'm trying to remote start, if I put the key in and try to manually start it during the RS cycle it wont crank either.
I'v got the Green/Violet (center pin) on the immobilizer cut.
On the DBall:
Orange/Red connected going towards the connector at the key barrel
Yellow/Red & Orange/Black connected going towards the BCM
That's the way it appears to me on the diagram, am I backwards?
KingVinnie
KingVinnie 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2017 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote KingVinnie
Just went out and reversed the Imobi wires and no go. Theft Deterrent Light and cant program key so they should be correct from the beginning.
This is a late 2016 model, the ignition connector is a new style. Maybe 2017 parts?
I noticed 2017 silverado not showing in the DBall list of vehicles.
KingVinnie
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2017 at 6:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Not sure with the DB-ALL modules but iDatalink lists 2017 Silverado's but they use a different firmware ( GM12 vs GM7 ). Wire location and color remain the same ( BCM and OBD2 ). Any chance you have an ADS AL-CA ( or FLCAN ) you can flash with DBI GM12, set to Data Mode and throw in the truck? GM12 firmware does require KLON programming steps, unlike the GM7 firmware.
Soldering is fun!
KingVinnie 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2017 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote KingVinnie
The only thing I can think of at this point is it has a 2017 computer in it. Its a 2016 truck but built in 11/16. THe DBall firmware hasn't caught up to 2017s yet. I don't have any iDatalink modules but do have a Fortin Evo-all i might give a shot, slightly different wiring. 2017 is supported and they mention a late 2016 change. I've done a few dballs on 14 and 15 silverados with no problems. This one every function works locks,triggers,window roll up, ignition/accessory power, just no crank.
KingVinnie

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic