the12volt.com spacer
icon

Reverb Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
woodcarver 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2017 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote woodcarver
I have a 2000 GMC Sierra with a Delco Model #09383076 radio. I recently found an old Echo-Mate reverb system. Popular back in the early to mid 60's.
I found the wiring schematic for the radio on this site and thank you for having it available.
The reverb has wiring marked for the front and rear speakers but also has a tag on two wires which reads Radio Output. My question is what would be considered the radio output on this particular stereo system.
Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanking you in advance...
Rolly
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 21, 2017 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Radio output = the left and right positive speaker wire of the radio. Radios from the 60s were not high power units. There was signal only on the positive speaker wire. Negative speaker wires were connected to the ground. The radio in your truck is known as a high power radio. I am pretty sure you will not be able to use your reverb amplifier on this or any newer radio.
woodcarver 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2017 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote woodcarver
Thank you I am an idiot (you are not) for the info as that answers my concern. Back in the day they were a fad they were great. Been threatening to build one more restoration. It would be a great excuse to have a reverb again... Thanks again..
Rolly

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic