icon

'03 Dodge pick-up central timer module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Discman 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2003 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
Anybody know where the central timer module aka general electronic module is in a '03 Dodge pick-up? It is not in the drivers kick panel like DEI told me.
While doing an alarm install,I pulsed the brown dome light wire with 12v instead of a ground that it needs and now the dome lights do not work. Except if you prees the map light switch. Both sides of the bulb stay at 12v. I have checked the fuses and even swapped the headlight dimmer switch to no effect.
An installer on this forum a few months ago said he used the brown wire with fine results. I thought I'd give it a try since I have to put an antenna on the windshield anyway. If it works it would save some time and a bunch of diodes.
I think I popped a diode in the timer module so that is the next thing on the list.
Thanks in advance.
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2003 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
I was the one who posted about the brown wire but it is negative not positive as you have found out . There is no ctm in the ram just a bcm(body control module) it is in the dash somwhere i would guess under the top cover and it is a feed out from a chip no diode just like the caravan. you will need to replace the bcm unless you rewire the door triggers to the domelight thru diodes and the dimmer switch. good luck.
Joe O'Byrne
Owner / Installer
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 01, 2003 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
If the power locks are still working, operate them and listen for clicks. The part that clicks will be the BCM, which will also control the domelight.
And what securinu said is true...if the BCM is ruined and you can't get it replaced under warranty, you can always rewire the domelight circuit so it will still work. But check all the car's fuses first. If the fuses are good, disconnect the battery for a little while, reconnect it and try the domelight...there's always a small chance that resetting power to the BCM will get it going again.
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2003 at 4:25 AM / IP Logged  
I had a similar situation in a caravan. It set a code in the computer that said "Domelamp - Short Circuit" and kept the domelight inactive until reset. Once the code was cleared the dome light worked fine again so maybe have the dealer check you could get lucky.
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2003 at 4:28 AM / IP Logged  
Just to add something I actually rewired the domelight as Chris said, thinking something was blown out. Then the dealer later called again saying they forgot to mention about the code and once that was reset everything worked fine again. Moral of the story don't use that yellow/orange for dome sup on a caravan unless you want to 5 wire it or throw in a diode that should work..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic