icon

2000 Ford Taurus radio swap?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
froylaven 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2003 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2000 Taurus with the tape/ changer controller head unit. I need to know if it is possible to swap in a indash cd player from a 2001 or newer taurus, or possibly a 6 disc in dash changer from 2003?
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2003 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
if the things match like the dash pieces . they are around than yes, peices and all than you can you will need the ford radio keys to remove the peice i belive it is all one peice and the clips on most fords are the same so your ok.
actually you can only swap with a radio in your year or lower. cause i believe they changed the plugs style as they did in the new expoditions and explorers.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2003 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  

Does your vehicle have rotary climate controls or is it all digital?  Actually I should also ask, which trim line is the vehicle (LX, SE, etc.)?

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
froylaven 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2003 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
Its a 2000 Taurus SES with Tape/ CD Changer controller radio unit, The intergrated climate is manual rotary knobs, I know you can't swap in the auto climate, it also only has 4 speakers
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2003 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  

Yea you should be able to swap basically any ford oem radio into your 00 taurus, provided it's the rotary climate control as you pointed out.  The plugs should be the same for both models.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic