icon

Front Components! wiring problem?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
puppster 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2003 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  

it doesnt happen very often, but sometimes, usually if i set the volume too high, the front left component speakers in my car go out. I can easily fix the problem by fading the sound to the front left speaker and crank the volume to about 25, and hten theyll pop back on. I got the speakers professionally installed, does anyone know whats going on? could there by a wiring problem or is it likley that the front left speaker is just faultly? any suggestions or help would be totally apprishiated.

Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2003 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  

One thing you could try is connecting that same speaker to another chanel, such as the right front.  And also try connecting another speaker to the  chanel (left front) that is having the issue.  If the left front speaker does the same thing connected  to the right front channel, then it's probably faulty.  If the right front speaker cuts out when it's connected to the left front chanel it's probably a bad connection.  You should also check for continuity with a multimeter at from the output from the head unit and the connection at the speaker.

puppster 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2003 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
the weird thing is, the speaker doesnt cut completely, i can still hear a tiny bit of sound coming of the tweeter. when i turn the volume up super load it starts working again. i think there may be a loose connect around the front left speaker somewhere, because ive tried messing with the rcas already, and ive used one of those meters to check to see if the circuit was complete, i think somethings getting jared maybe? anyone have this same problem??
GavinJuice 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2003 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  

My friend experienced this same problem also. Someone put in a new deck for him and in the process of wiring up the speakers since they wern't, he crossed the + & - FR wire and it sparked. He kinda ignored it since he didn't wanna admit anything. When he played th CD or radio, he  didn't have sound out of that FR speaker. Only when i would change tracks on the CD or BLAST the radio did i hear sound come out. In the end i just hooked up the RR channel up to the FR channel since he didn't have rear speakers. I figured he blew the FR channel when they sparked. Works fine now.

rock and roll!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic