the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe, PAC SWI-RC Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
karmic 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2019 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote karmic
I"ve reached out to PAC's email but have not received a response yet. Perhaps someone here can help. I've installed a pioneer nex4200 into this car and need some assistance with wiring up the pac unit. specifically, the instructions call for
""Connect the INTERFACEs white wires to Pin 16 (Blue) of the above connector, which is black vehicle connector. Connect pin 17 (Gray) of the radio connector to the ground""
this vehicle has 3 harnesses that would connect to the back of the stereo. That is Grey connector only has 8 pins. So connecting pin 17 of grey radio connector does not seem likely. I"m assuming the white wire is going to be steering wheel control positive and the other wire is probably grounding. Does anyone have a color chart for these connectors? I have minimal tools and would like to get this wired up and working myself.
~~Carpe Diem~~
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 19, 2019 at 4:08 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Do you see a plug as pictured here?:
https://pac-audio.com/swi-guide#2010-hyundai-santa-fe-swi-rc/6204/27
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
tomfin2000 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2019 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tomfin2000
I actually came here because of some issues I’m having with my 2015 Elantra with a PAC Audio RP4.2-HY11 and a Pioneer AVH-501EX, so I might be able to point you in the right direction.
On Connector B, where the 12 volt (yellow - Pin 12), ground (Black - Pin 24), and red (accessory - Pin 11) wires are, the steering wheel remote positive is Pin 4 and the ground is Pin 17.   I don’t have the harness in front of me, so I don’t have the wire colors, but check it out, and do a little googling to confirm that your Sante Fe has the same configuration.
karmic 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2019 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote karmic
A link to a folder on my dropbox showing pictures of the three plugs that are behind my radio. Dropbox folder of two pictures of the plugs I have
~~Carpe Diem~~
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 20, 2019 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
Your black connector matches the connector on the PAC website. The color in parenthesis looks like the wire color (not the connector color). It seems confusing, but if you look, pin 16 is blue and pin 17 is grey.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
karmic 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2019 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote karmic
Agreed. IN the instructions it calls for pin 17 " grey wire " from the grey connector, not black. once it works I"ll email back and let pac audio know.They insisted the pin 17 grey wire was on the grey harness. It will be about a week though since I have to order a new kit. a friend was prepping my harness and cut a few white wires out of it. He misread the instructions. Now I need a new pac harness. ugh!!
~~Carpe Diem~~
karmic 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2019 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote karmic
New PAC SWI RC came in. grounded that grey wire " pin 17 ", white wires to pin 16. All is well. programmed up and working correctly. Next step is the 5 channel amp, mids/highs, and sub install. Haven't decided on subwoofer/s yet. But I can say that the box will replace the bigger storage box in the hatch area. Thanks guys!
~~Carpe Diem~~

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic