the12volt.com spacer
icon

Doors Unlock During Remote Start, Viper 5305V, 2006 4Runner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rwturbo 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2019 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote rwturbo
I have the viper 5305v in my Toyota 2006 4runner. I noticed the doors unlock when command remote start and soon as it cranks they lock back. Issue with the factory truck settings or feature needs changing in viper? Thanks.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 16, 2019 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote geepherder
This may be something the bypass does, or it could be that's how the installer programmed the alarm.
What bypass are you using?
This is normal/common on many remote start installs. The factory alarm must be disarmed prior to starting, which sometimes means unlocking the vehicle. After starting, the vehicle relocks.
If the alarm is programmed to do this rather than the bypass, Bulldog says you can get around this by connecting the ground-while-running wire to the keysense wire in the vehicle. See Note 2 at the bottom:
http://diagrams.marktoonen.nl/printlist.aspx?MakeID=2&ModelID=18010
If this is the case, the make sure menu 2 item 10 is programmed to either option 1 or 2 but not 3. This will ensure the remote start doesn't cause the vehicle to unlock.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic