icon

Speed relay?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sulsa 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2003 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
The whistles won't pay the $500 insurance deductable if you hit a deer though..
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2003 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  
if the company offering to cover the deductible were to find out they were installed in this manner they would probably not cover it either...too much room for user error and unless you are MECP certified you would probably not be recognized as someone with the knowledge to put this together...
chuck_tempe 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2003 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  

interesting comments on the insurance deductible...

go easy on the MECP comments.  i was MECP certified when the program first started out years ago.  (i also had one of the highest scores within our stores, which i won't name.)

just because someone is not MECP certified doesn't mean the person is not capable of doing great installs.  i've also known people who i wouldn't trust to change fuses in my own car THAT WERE MECP certified.

12 years in the install bay introduces you to alot of installers.  some of those guys and one gal who could do circles around me, were GREAT installers but could care less about a test or certification.

MECP is a test of knowledge, that doesn't mean you know how to apply it!

remember, some people have common sense, some people are book smart.  you have to have BOTH to be a good installer.

ex 12 year car stereo, alarm techie.
now in res/com low voltage,voice/data
donate HERE
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2003 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
I am not saying being certified is the be all and end all...what I am saying is that without some form of recognized certification, the insurance company may not be willing to pay out on the claim...whether or not it was working properly...
chuck_tempe 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2003 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  

i understand what you are saying...as far as the insurance company not paying the claim,  that seems to be another excuse not to pay a claim if they use that line.

then again, always read the fine print when it comes to any kind of 'warranties'.

ex 12 year car stereo, alarm techie.
now in res/com low voltage,voice/data
donate HERE
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic