icon

Audiobahn Subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BigJMan 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2003 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  

I currently own a Audiobahn A1500HCT amp, but am wondering if I should go with the decision to buy Audiobahn subs as well. I know for a fact that Audiobahn makes quality amps that push atleast what they are rated, but I need some more educated opinions on their subs - I''ve researched them online for a couple of days now, and I've drawn these general conclusions from a crapload of people :

1. Building the proper enclosure following specs is extremely important

2. Most of the models can't take nearly the amount of power they are rated for unless they are in a very small sealed enclosure that isn't big enough to hit the lowest of frequencies

3. In general, Audiobahn subs have excellant db w/ just average SQ, with the exception of the ALUM series

4. Older model years tended to quite commonly be manufactured defectively or crappily, but construction and quality has now gone way up

5.  They deliver an excellant "bang for the buck"

5. Most people say (if they didn't have a problem w/ the subs working right) that their Audiobahns were louder than anything  they had ever heard or owned before - including JL, Rockford, Pioneer, MTX, etc.

Should I invest in Audiobahn subs?
1992 Lincoln Towncar Cartier
4.6L SOHC Dual Exhaust
Stereo System - Working On It :)
fordfan 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2003 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
I have 2 aw1205q`s in a 6 cubic foot very large slotted port box pushed by ma`s hk-602sx(1200 watts rms per ch @ 1ohm) amp and it hits HARD
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2003 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
i have one AWT15X, it;s 3000 watts RMS, it's 15, not muuch SQ at all, but i like SPL, and man doe sit pound, im hitting around the 150 DB area
ghs_wreslter189 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2003 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
i have experienced that with Audiobahn subs you must build the enclosure exactly accurate or you run a high risk of frying the spider.  The voice coils heat up very quickly with Audiobahn.  I would recommend buying a box build to exact specifications of your subs.
--Adam
chevylove 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2003 at 1:25 AM / IP Logged  
I've never seen it happen or known anyone personally that it's happened to, but i've heard rumors that older model audiobahn subs have a tendency to catch fire.  This made me skeptical about them until I saw that they'd one an award within the last year that's awarded to manufacturers of different types of electrical products. (can't remember the name of it now, wish i could)  I researched it a little and found that several divisions of GE appliances have won this award before (and we see how well off that company is) and maytag won it for washers and dryers for like 12 consecutive years and they're obviously the best.  It convinced me that they had upped their standards since their firey beginning so i bought my sis a pair of flame series 10's (what irony) and loved em.  Since then i've done several installs for myself and friends w/ audiobahns and found that they give generous amounts of spl.  The only problem I have w/ them is that in small enclosures they seem to quad out w/ very little power running.  If you build a recommended size enclosure for them you'll get more spl for the price than anywhere else.
Drew   "Fuses are only 10 cents...go for it."
acuraglow 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2003 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
Yes do they are the best on the market
put more wattage

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic