the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004.5 Ford F-250 6.0L, Viper 5906v Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2021 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You might not need the ACC3 relay but I always try to duplicate the actual key functions. Try a R/S start without the relay, it won't hurt anything.
The Viper can only supply one Starter, one Ignition and one Accessory wire. It also has one selectable relay output that you are already using ( Pink/White ). Some vehicles need more, so extra relays are required. EBay and Amazon have them for around $5 each. The relay and 5 wire harness is pictured below.
2004.5 Ford F-250 6.0L, Viper 5906v Install - Page 2 -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
jherb92 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2021 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jherb92
Kreg357 I will try without it, were will the 24 pins wire go then? Just straight to ground without relay?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2021 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
"where will the 24 pins wire go then? Just straight to ground without relay?"
The Orange (-) 200 mA Accessory Output wire would remain unused without the additional relay. Don't ground it. You will need to change the Viper programming for the Selectable Pink/White ignition wire from the IGN2 default to ACC. See Menu 3, Feature 8 to Option 2.
Soldering is fun!
jherb92 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2021 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jherb92
Kreg357 ok I'll give it a shot. Thanks for all the input, more than others would give.
jherb92 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2021 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jherb92
Kreg357 I have all the wires hooked up where they should be by what you provided.
This control center menu..how do you access it?? I'm following my instructions but it wont chirp to tell me it's in menu mode. It just goes into valet mode unlock.
I know you've been stating menus but it wont let me.
kreg357 
Posted: March 02, 2021 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Do you have the these Viper wires like this ?
Pin 15 of 24 Green (-) Door Pin   not connected
Pin 18 of 24 Violet (+) Door Pin connected to BLACK/BLUE (+)   @ DRIVER'S DOOR SILL
All Door Trigger / Dome Light     BLACK/BLUE (+)    @ DRIVER'S DOOR SILL
The Viper must see a door go from closed to open to get into Programming Mode.
Soldering is fun!
jherb92 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2021 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jherb92
Kreg357, no I do not. I will install those wires now.
Thank you.
jherb92 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2021 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jherb92
Kreg357, do you mean the unlock wire for the door's correct???
If so I cant find this wire in the sill, mine if I remember correct is white & red.
kreg357 
Posted: March 02, 2021 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
If I remember correctly, you mentioned that the Viper remotes control the trucks door locks OK. Currently I'm not concerned with the door lock operation.
Door Pins and different from Door Lock wires. Door Pin wires show the door status, open or closed and do not have anything to do with the lock function.
The goal right now is to get the R/S function working. You have wired up the Vipers 10 Pin harness for this and the necessary supporting wires (Brake, Neutral Safety & Tach). Aside from the wiring, several changes must be made to the Viper programming options. To get the Viper into programming mode there is a specific sequence that the Viper must "see". This is stated in the 5906 Install Guide. Specifically, the Viper must "see" the vehicle go from all doors closed to one door open. It does this via a signal from the truck it monitors. Because the F250 uses N.C. door pins, we are using the Dome Light because the Dome Light comes on when a door is opened.   The wire mentioned above as the Dome Light, Black/Blue, found in the drivers door sill harness. This wire should be pretty easy to locate with a Digital Multi Meter. Set the DMM to 20V DC, connect the Black Test Lead to chassis ground and the Red Test Lead to the suspect wire. Look at the dome light. If it's off, the DMM should read 0V, if its on the DMM should read +12V. All doors closed = 0V, open a door, the dome light goes on and the DMM reads 12V. After the Viper "sees" the Dome Light go on it looks to "see" the IGN1 wire go to +12V and then back off to 0V via its connection to the trucks IGN1 wire ( thick Pink Viper wire connection ). Then you press the control button....
Soldering is fun!
jherb92 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2021 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jherb92
Kreg357, so I have the dome light hooked up to the viper. Its dont pop up door trigger anymore when I lock the truck up now. So I lock it, unlock it and open the door, insert key in the ignition flick on and off then push the center control button and hold but nothing happens..so I reset it and just push the bottom and it goes in-out of valet mode.
Any pointers to access the programming?
What's the duration of time to hold the button? 2- and 20/30 seconds dont change anything to access it.
Also you say to hook up neutral safety, isn't that the white/blue activation input..I've read it's both. I have no netrual safety wire on my paper work for the viper..
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic