icon

Mobile Entertainment Progress

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scottchambers60 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2003 at 11:56 AM / IP Logged  
Well I finally decided to scrap my headrest LCD plans and go with a roof mounted display for my 2002 Ford Escape. It's a 12 inch screen that i'm very happy with so far. And from before, I also have the KVT-910 dash-mounted LCD and a KVT-2100 GPS Nav System under the drivers seat. A Playstation 2 under the passenger side seat completes my little mobile entertainment system (before everyone flames me for safety, let it be known that I wired the PS/2 so it only plays on the back screen). The subwoofer is a plain-jane box with 10" Xplode speakers.
Future plans include satellite radio (nice thing is I only need the tuner box because the KVT-910 header unit has the inputs). Also possible is the Kenwood "Keg" 20gig MP3 player. Of course this is all dependant on money so it may be a while (i'm waiting to see how much I can get for my soul on Ebay). If anyone has any other Mod sugguestions let me know. Bee good!!!
Scott Chambers
Mobile Entertainment Progress -- posted image.
cavyman 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2003 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
I think it all looks good.  Good job on the install.  I am looking to be purchasing alot of the same things you have.  I am buying them piece by piece and then installing them at once, so I only have to pull my car apart once.  How long did all this take you???
1 plus 1 equals 2
scottchambers60 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2003 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
Installing everything at once is a good idea. I'm far too undiciplined for that, however, and i've been adding each part as soon as I got it. I've been adding stuff for the better part of a year now so it hasn't been TOO long. But if I have to pull the dashboard off one more time i'm gonna lose my mind...
Scott Chambers
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2003 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
holy crap that's a big screen!
Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
cavyman 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2003 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah that is a big screen.  I bet your eyes would hurt watching that big of a screen that close.  It looks like it is really close to the rear seat.  how close is it??
1 plus 1 equals 2
scottchambers60 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2003 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah it's a bit closer than I would have liked but it was the best I could do (it really isn't bad though, especially when you swivel it to the sides). Luckily he rear seats lean back for a more enjoyable gaming session...
Scott

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic