the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 5706v Starts When Armed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nolig2278 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2023 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nolig2278
Hi, so I have a bit of a crazy setup, viper 5706v and push to start. I had for a while used an external relay as part of kill switch but I had it with constant power so it was a battery drain. I have move the push to start to feed green input on 10 pin. Purple out to starter. Remote start works. Push to start works, but push to start will grind if remote on and push to start works with car alarm on. I tried toggling menu 3 option 13 with no luck. Do I need the 2 wires for the Flex Relay connected?
Thanks
Mazda 6 and MX3
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2023 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote t&t tech
Your info is a bit vague. Are you saying the push start system grinds the starter if you engage it with remote start running?
nolig2278 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2023 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nolig2278
When i remote start and then enter the car, i have to activate my push to start which then grinds. If i enter car and start with push to start (no remote start) then it is fine. I may use a relay to prevent the push to start from sending start but i thought the viper should realize it is already running and not pass the start signal.
Mazda 6 and MX3
nolig2278 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2023 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nolig2278
is it normal that the car will start even with alarm active?
Mazda 6 and MX3
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2023 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote t&t tech
Once the starter wire is interrupted GREEN- KEY SIDE, PURPLE - ENGINE SIDE AND THE PINK- IGNITION 1 WIRE IS CONNECTED TO A TRUE IGNITION THE VEHICLE SHOULD MOT START WHEN THE ALARM IS ARMED. That being said, once the output from the push start unit is connected to the key side of the starter interrupt circuit and the ANTI-GRIND programming is on, the starter should not grind.
But as I typed that response I figured why it is grinding, for the push start to work you must step on the brake pedal, upon doing this the remote start has been terminated and the push start takes over, the starter circuit is closed so hence the grinding, you may have to use a relay to stop this, I may be able to give u a fix if u want it.
nolig2278 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2023 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nolig2278
So my G is connected to my push to start.
Purple to the starter wire that by clutch pedal.
Pink goes to my ignition.
Brake pedal for push to start is just a switch I made with 12 volt supply.
It is possible my Viper is damaged but it does remote start and that works flawlessly. The on when armed wire seems to output whatever it wants whenever so that is seemingly busted and kills my ability to use it as kill switch. Alarm, door lock and sensors work fine too.
Ultimately the last thing I am trying to do is rely on the alarm when on from preventing push to start from working so that I can disable the NFC tag feature on it.
Thanks
Mazda 6 and MX3
nolig2278 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2023 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote nolig2278
Anything else i can try?
Thanks
Mazda 6 and MX3

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic