the12volt.com spacer
icon

Compustar CS925 Anti Grind/Starter Kill, 2009 Scion xB

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikeluscher159 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2023 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeluscher159
I'm installing in a 2009 Scion xBČ, because I couldn't figure out how to install the DEI system
It remote starts just fine, I picked up a Firstech FT-ELOCK relay to go with it
But I can't figure out which wire to use from the grey 12 pin harness?
Any advice please?
Compustar CS925 Anti Grind/Starter Kill, 2009 Scion xB -- posted image.Compustar CS925 Anti Grind/Starter Kill, 2009 Scion xB -- posted image.
mikeluscher159 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2023 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeluscher159
Anyone?
I'm kinda at a loss here, I can't get phone support because I'm not an authorized installer
Quoting the installation manual
3-04 Starter-Kill: This option determines the operation of the GWA wire (Any POC on CN3) Must be programmed on Special Option Group #2.
FO1 - Anti grind + Starter interrupt: this option will allow the GWA to provide a negative output when the system is armed or remote started. This will enable a starter interrupt to prevent the vehicle from being started with the key when in an armed state.
FO2 - Anti Grind only: This option will allow GWA to provide a negative output when the system is armed. This will enable starter interrupt and prevent the user from grinding the starter during the takeover procedure.
FO3 - Anti Grind and passive starter interrupt: This option will allow for GWA to provide a negative output when the system is remote started or the passive starter interrupt is engaged. This will prevent the user from grinding the starter during the takeover procedure and enable starter interrupt 45 seconds after the ignition has been turned off.
I have kill&grind enabled in the Weblink menus (I also reflashed the module with FW update) but I don't know which wire it's assigned to
I'm using
POC 1 for parking lights
POC 2 for lock
POC 3 for unlock
POC 7 for horn
That leaves POC 4/5/6 open for reassignment
Which one and how 🤷‍♂️
I've already got the E-Lock relay wired into the starter wire
Green goes to ignition and the blue is the GWA from the module?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2023 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes.
Starter Kill is POC 29. You can assign it to an unused POC wire and use it
as shown below in the Compustar diagram :
Compustar CS925 Anti Grind/Starter Kill, 2009 Scion xB -- posted image.
Remember that you must cut the car Starter1 wire.
STARTER1   WHITE (+)    @ IGNITION SWITCH, (WHITE, 8-PIN PLUG), PIN 8
The Ignition connection goes to the Gray IGN1 vehicle wire that already has the CM900-s thick Green wire.
Additionally, your car has two Starter and two Ignition wires. The CM900-s can handle this.
How do you have the CM900-s programmed/wired up?
Soldering is fun!
mikeluscher159 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2023 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeluscher159
I've got the normal two constant 12v and the ground
I've got the green/white 12v light acting as starter 2 (small gauge white)
White as accessory
Blue is acting as my second ignition (small gauge black)
Yellow as my +12v starter (going to the starter side of the kill relay)
Green is primary ignition (to the thicker gauge gray ignition)
I've got the green wire from the relay there too
I did some configuration, I chose black POC #4 to interface with the blue GWA wire off the relay
As I've got it setup now, the starter kill doesn't work, but if you attempt to grind the starter when remote started, the relay kicks in and the engine shuts off
So I think I'm close 🤷‍♂️
If I manually ground the blue wire of the relay with a test light, the engine won't crank
In the POC menu, I can choose GWA or Starter Kill
In option group 3, I left it on the default Anti Grind+Starter Kill
In a perfect world, I want a starter kill that inhibits cranking when the system is armed/locked
No cranking will happen until unlocked
And the anti grind should keep you from grinding the starter when you return the key from pit stop
This seems achievable in my mind?
mikeluscher159 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2023 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeluscher159
Do I have to use two different POCs?
One for GWA kill when armed, and another for anti grind?
This is the lower end CM-900 with 4 button one way keyless/remote start
It's not the 900s security unit
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2023 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
You might try setting that chosen POC#4 to Type 18 = GWA and see if that does it.
Soldering is fun!
mikeluscher159 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2023 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeluscher159
That seems to have made it worse
Now it grinds the starter
I hear the kill relay click when I go ignition on, but it still starts and runs
kreg357 
Posted: September 01, 2023 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Not sure of all the symptoms.
If vehicle is Locked via SM900-s the GWA signal is output on selected POC. This provides anti-theft Starter Kill.
If your vehicle is locked via Factory Remote or door button the CM900-s doesn't know it and does not output GWA.
When vehicle is running under CM900-s R/S control GWR is output on selected POC. This provides Anti-Grind during R/S runtime.
3-04 = Option 1
Use POC SV = 29
Relay should energize when system is Locked via CM900-s and ignition is turned ON. ( IGN1=ON + GWA )
Relay should energize when vehicle engine is running under R/S. ( IGN1=ON + GWR )
Anti-Grind only works under R/S engine run time.
Soldering is fun!
mikeluscher159 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2023 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeluscher159
I'm gonna reset all options on the module and try again
I just tested it, it seems to hold the ground until I go ignition on
When it should be holding until I unlock with the CS remote?
If I manually hold a ground on the blue wire, starting is inhibited as it should be
This is ironic, because when I tried the DEI 4x03 and their starter kill relay, the kill worked but the remote start didn't
The Compustar is proving the opposite 😭
kreg357 
Posted: September 02, 2023 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Weird. You could set an unsed POC to GWA and another to GWR and connect both of those to Blue relay wire. No diodes needed if that is the only wire they are connected to.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic