the12volt.com spacer
icon

Compustar CS925 Anti Grind/Starter Kill, 2009 Scion xB

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mikeluscher159 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2023 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mikeluscher159
Just tried that, negatory on that too
I see one POC to GWA, another to starter kill
Tied them both to the blue wire
Anti Grind causes the engine to shut off, starter kill still inoperative
Everytime you go ignition on with the key, the relay clicks, but when you crank it gives up and let's the engine start
But if I manually hold ground the blue wire with a test light, cranking is inhibited 🤷‍♂️
Does it matter if I've got the ignition wire of the kill relay on Ignition or Ignition 2?
Maybe my module ground isn't good enough?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2023 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I tend to get a bit methodical with multiple issues like this.
Let's go one step at a time to see what's going on.
First we'll do the Anti-Grind.
In this application, the feature is meant to prevent starter grind if the key is inserted and turned to START during R/S engine run time. This signal is called Ground When Running, GWR or Status Output. This (-) signal is only present during R/S run time. So if we Program any unused POC to SV 5 and connect only that wire to the Compustar Starter Kill Relay Blue (-) Trigger wire we can test if this feature works properly.
Simply R/S the engine and while it's running, insert the ignition key and turn it to START (do not depress the Brake Pedal as this will end the R/S runtime).   The relay should prevent the signal from getting to the vehicles starter circuit and engaging the starter with the engine running.
Please note that this feature will not prevent a starter grind if the Compustar system is not doing a R/S and the engine is started with the key and then while the engine is running the key is turned to the START position again. Some cars have this feature "built in". Not sure about your model Scion.
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic