the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Dodge Dakota, Viper 5706v, Fortin EVO ALL

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bullram 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2023 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bullram
Hello,I have a 2007 Dodge Dakota with standard key trying to get the Remote starter to work, Fortin EVO ALL is programmed, Viper 5706v installed with T - harness, alarm works perfect, NO REMOTE START--after press start states on remote, "REMOTE START ERROR", then you hear the buzzes for the flash 7 times which indicates its in Manual Transmission mode, TRIED TO PROGRAM TACH and it wont program, open door , key on then off , press and hold valet or antenna switch with blue LED, no chirps to program it at all. cant change the program to automatic because it wont go into programming mode, did i miss a wire to hook up to the Viper starter connector plug, how do you get this truck to go into programming mode--
cpalmer 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2023 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cpalmer
You're not getting and chirps, does the blue LED blink when you push and hold the button? Can you put it into valet mode? key on, key off, tap button on antenna, LED should light solid blue.
bullram 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2023 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bullram
The LED does not blink when held, I have not tried the Valet mode will try tonight--I was thinking the door might not be seen as open?, but the D2D should take care of that ?, all I can think is the Manual Transmission mode is going to need other wires hooked up even thought its D2D to be able to program and set it for Automatic?
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2023 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
the viper is programed for manual transmission out of the box. change to Automatic , and ground the Black white.. *(assuming you have an automatic)*
bullram 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2023 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bullram
Thank you for taking the time to help, the viper wont go into programming that is the issue, I have grounded the blk/white wire and tried it but it ALWAYS states remote start error, it wont even try most alarm start clicking to start the remote start process, this one is dead silent, ALL aspects of the alarm work, siren chips, door locks , unlocks, even check temperature in the truck, but it is stuck in standard mode, I even tried hooking up the wires to fool it into thinking it was a standard still same..............
it has the y bypass and that seems to be working ok? it does know the door is open, it states that if you try to asrm it, I have the programmer and went into it ,it is programmed for the automatic, but I know the alarm isnt......any ideas?
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2023 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
I would try a power cycle, pull the main six pin harness.. when you try get into programing mode, the door is open, and you cycle ignition on and off?
to program tach, you start the truck, then press and hold the programing button on the antenna, no need to "cycle the ignition"
bullram 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2023 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bullram
Yes door open and cycle the ignition, no chirps.........it knows the door is open if you set the alarm with the door open it will set but then buzz the remote and chirp stating the door is open.
bullram 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2023 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bullram
Can anyone tell me what has to be hooked up besides the D2D Fortin module for the Viper 5706V so it has power ?, I thought the Fortin took care of all that? I have the main hot wire and a good ground, and siren, not hooking up any of the safety wires right now just trying to get it out of manual transmission mode, does any other wire need to be hooked up that sends power to the Viper ?, it wont program all other features work, this problem is a tricky one, or I am overlooking a wire?
bullram 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2023 at 4:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bullram
Well the alarm is working I took it to a shop that was supposed to know what they're doing they charged me $100 after I installed everything granted I am very happy it is working here's the downside they told my son who brought it in that I hooked up everything wrong means I've installed these for a very long time kind of took that to heart so I did go in there with a flashlight I cut off the tie wrap that I installed and dropped everything down the first thing they told me is that I didn't put a harness for the starter and as we all know you don't need a harness for the starter if it's D2D so when I looked there is no harness plugged into the tin pin big wire so that's a lie I then went to see did they hook up the pin switches and the toggle switch none of those are hooked up I have a soldering iron and I was ready to solder all the connections as soon as I realized that everything's working good the tape is still on there they're still taped together there are no additional wires there is additionally nothing the only thing I can think of is they have a bit writer which I also have but mine may not be up to date because when I plugged it in it would not program it that has to be the only way they got that out of standard transmission mode the only way it was worth the $100 to get my son's starter working but just to tell somebody a lie is just stupid I would never do that in the mechanic field if someone here wanted to know how to repair their car I always try to teach and train anyway it's working I wish I could tell people here what was done so they won't run into that but be warned when you purchase a directed Electronics Viper they come from the factory hooked up for standard transmission that's the way they're set anyway I thought somebody would just want to know

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic