the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper Alarm Open Door Trigger Chirp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jhh72 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2023 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jhh72
Hello everyone.
Just joined up as I have an interest in 12v circuits components etc but I also have an issue with a Viper Car Alarm.
Apologies for long description below but just adding in as much detail as possible.
The vehicle is a weekend cruiser that I have owned now for over 10 years.
It has a VIPER system installed that was in the car when I bought it and works great but i have an old issue to discuss as well as a new issue since yday.
Old issue is for as long as I can remember whilst driving all 4 doors lock and unlock uncommanded.. no set time pattern to it could be seconds in between lock/unlock could be minutes..also could drive for several minutes and nothing at all happens..getting very annoying..just be driving along and all 4 doors go thru a cycle..
Now to mention the car is currently in valet mode.. I am.yet to test and record out of valet mode but from memory it still does it.
Only thing I could put it down to is the master door actuator drivers door either needing replacement or adjustment at the linkages maybe?
Note all 4 doors opened and locked correctly using the remote or manual operation.
I did replace a weak faulty rear door actuator months ago.. been fine no issues with that.
So I had a look at the master drivers door yday and all.looked ok..I did remove it and bench tested operation and it's good nice and strong..put it back in and took a while several fine adjustments to get the linkages correct as the door wouldnt physically open until several adjustments have been made..but all good door unlocks locks using remote and opens ok BUT the new issue is when alarm is active (out of valet mode)after locking the car about 10 seconds later I get the 10 chirp lights flash twice indicating a door open? This repeats itself sometimes every 10 seconds or so.. othertimes it may just 10 chirp the once and all goes quiet..but without fail evertime I lock the car it will definitely chirp the 10 times.
All doors boot lid and bonnet closed correctly.
This 10 chirp door open trigger never occurred prior to ydays work..so too much of a coincidence I think?
I haven't touched any other doors or triggers just worked on drivers door yday.
The master actuator is back in place where it was and cycles fine to lock and unlock but could it be I need to adjust the linkages further as this actuator might be out just 1mm indicating a door open to the system?
I am.yet to drive the vehicle again after ydays work to test see if original issue still occurs.
Has anyone had similar issues? Or could it be a faulty master actuator and just replace the damm thing!
Later today or tomorrow I'll work on this master actuator again making slight adjustments at the linkages to see if this gets rid of the door open chirp.
Regards Jason
Live life
jhh72 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2023 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jhh72
Added info..
Located in Australia.
1985 VK Holden Commodore
The faulty rear door actuator was replaced using a generic brand not VIPER brand actuator so also wondering if this is the underlying issue? When I did replace it the alarm was in VALET mode.. it's only since yday I cancelled VALET mode to check that all was good and that's when I noticed keep getting the open door 10 chirp trigger..
I am.considering ordering the genuine VIPER 4DCL actuator pack and removing this generic cheap actuator I installed in the rear door and using genuine VIPER
Live life
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2023 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote t&t tech
What model viper and what type of car?
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic