the12volt.com spacer
icon

1999 Chevrolet Suburban C1500, Radio Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
newbie83 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2023 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbie83
Pretty new to Radio installations. Only done it one time before. Wanting to exchange the radio in my 1999 Suburban C1500.
Looking for a pinout for the back of a Model #16265855 Delco am/fm cassette radio to find correct wires to connect to the harness of the new radio I want to install.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 06, 2023 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
http://metraonline.com/part/70-1858
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
newbie83 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2023 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbie83
Thank you, managed to install the radio. Got that harness.
However, now the problem is I got sound coming only from the front door speakers. After researching I hooked up the blue/white wire from the radio to the blue wire on the metra adapter which connects to the pink wire on the vehicle... no luck either.
Somehow the rear door speakers are not getting used.
Any suggestions?
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2023 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
Is there another connector that was plugged into the stock radio? 9 or 10 pin I believe?
newbie83 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2023 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbie83
Yes there was one but that one was only for the cd player that was there as well. I hooked it up to Switched 12V (yellow wire) now it works.
Thank you for the help though.
Now I just got wire in the backup camera. Can I tie that into the rear light?
Ween 
Platinum - Posts: 1,366
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2023 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Ween
What radio are you using? Some radios will let you view the rear view camera even when the vehicle isn't in reverse. If the vehicle has an auto dimming inside rear view mirror, a reverse signal can be found there.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 10, 2023 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
If there is a pink wire on the end of the cd player plug, that is the amplifier turn on wire.
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
newbie83 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2023 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbie83
BOSS Audio Systems BCPA9690RC
newbie83 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2023 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbie83
i am an idiot wrote:
If there is a pink wire on the end of the cd player plug, that is the amplifier turn on wire.
Thank you! And yes there is one.
newbie83 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2023 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote newbie83
1999 Chevrolet Suburban C1500, Radio Wiring -- posted image.
Can I tie into the trailer wiring harness. Light green I think is reverse. Is black ground? Not sure about that one, I read that it should be white which I don’t really see and I equally don’t see where I could easily connect to the frame other than if one of the screws on the actual trailer connector would work…
Also I am guessing both the reverse trigger wire for the radio (picture) as well as the power wire (red) for the camera both get tied into the light green reverse signal, correct?
1999 Chevrolet Suburban C1500, Radio Wiring -- posted image.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic