the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000 Toyota Camry CE With Factory Anti-Theft, CompuStar CS4900S

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bford 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2023 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bford
No worries.
Ok. I see. So that's the reason why some R/S system have that red wire cut and routed to a 30amp relay. It's for starter kill/anti-grind.
So since my CM900 doesn't have that feature, it is perfectly fine to go and just have CN1 Yellow tapped to Ignition RED per the wire diagram you mentioned..correct? No cutting of wires.
2000 Toyota Camry
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2023 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Correct on the Starter wire connection, direct wire tap.
Enjoy.
Soldering is fun!
bford 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2023 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bford
UPDATE:
Got the CS4900S all wired and plugged in. Remote door lock/arm, and unlock/disarm seems to be working fine.
The issues I'm having:
1) Remote Start does not start engine when it's locked/armed. Instead, it will just sound the horn continuously (I'm sure my neighbors hate me right now lol). I have to unlock/disarm the car before the remote start will work to start engine.
2) It seems like the system is just using the horn and not the parking lights. I was checking the back of the car for lights to turn on while trying to remote start the car and it did not flash the lights. Lights doesn't even come on when locking/arm, unlocking/disarm the car..
I just used the remotes as they came in the box. I don't think I programmed them at all..
Is this something to do with programming the remote correctly? I was having issues programming the remote so i just left it how it was..I also don't really understand the programming tables/options ,menus etc from the manual
Assistance needed please.
Thanks.
2000 Toyota Camry
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2023 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The remotes come paired with the system so there is no need to do anything there.
The CM900-s should flash the Parking Lights with a Lock and Unlock command. Verify the connection between the thin Green/White wire and the vehicles (-) Parking Light wire.
Setting off the Factory Alarm during a R/S is probably due to not disarming the system. Did you connect the CM900-s Black GRW wire to the vehicles Keysense Wire? This will typically turn off the Factory Alarm. If that does not work, then you should set the CM900-s to "Unlock before, Lock after R/S"
How are you testing the vehicle wires prior to making your R/S connections? A Digital Multi Meter is the best way to verify all wires.
Soldering is fun!
bford 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2023 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bford
Hi Kreg,
I found out what I did wrong as far as the car alarm going off when cranking locked/armed. I accidentally tapped on the wrong keysense wire...now it starts when locked/armed no problem.
The issue i have now is just with the park light not coming on. I did figure out why it's not coming on. The wire I was using was the one I followed from https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/2043.html#google_vignette - for the 2000 Camry. The wire that I found for the parking light is a Green/Orange wire according to that link. Not the Green wire that you mentioned from your earlier post.
The issue is that the one I found that controls the park light (GR/OR) needs positive (+) signal to activate the lights. The wire for the parking light from CM3 outputs (-) signal. Is there a way to change the output to positive? If not, then I will definitely need to find that Green wire that you mentioned and I need to tap and send negative signal to activate the parking lights.
Any advise?
EDIT:
Looking at wiring diagram from AllData, I need to find the Integration Relay(I17). There's a Green wire between the integration relay and the light control combination switch. I believe that is the wire that you were referring to control the parking lights using negative(-) signal from CM900. The challenge for me is i guess just physically looking for that wire, figuring out it's loccaton.
2000 Toyota Camry
kreg357 
Posted: November 05, 2023 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Yes on the (-) Parking Light wire. It should be a Green wire at the Headlight control switch plug on the steering column.
If you have problems locating/verifying that wire you can use the Green (+) Parking Light wire in the 13 Pin plug at the Fuse Block with the thick CM900-s Green/White (+) Parking Light wire.
Soldering is fun!
collins54 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2023 at 4:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote collins54
you can use a relay to convert the negative signal from the CM900 into a positive signal. A relay is an electromechanical device that is used to switch electrical circuits. In this case, the relay will be used to switch positive voltage to the GR/OR wire when the CM900 sends a negative signal.
bford 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2023 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote bford
Thanks for the input guys.
Just wanted to put an update. I did figure out the wire to tap into on my car for the parking lights. I re-traced and found out it was a Green/Red wire. Now every single thing works! Horn and lights come on.
2000 Toyota Camry
kreg357 
Posted: November 09, 2023 at 7:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Thanks for the update. Interesting that every source I have shows the (-) Parking Light wire as Green. Good info, thanks!
Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic