the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 Ram 2500, Remote Start Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cutoutcummins 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2023 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cutoutcummins
I am trying to install a compustar cm900as w/Blade AL in my 2004 dodge ram 2500. I'm fairly certain that I have everything hooked up correctly but getting nothing. I can hear the relays clicking but nothing is happening. I did have the remotes controlling the lock but not unlock. Tried resetting the AL and now that doesn't work.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
2004 Ram 2500, Remote Start Wiring -- posted image.
2005 Dodge ram 3500 5.9L Cummins
cutoutcummins 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2023 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cutoutcummins
I'm currently trying to install a compustar cm900as with the blade AL bypass module on my 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7l quad cab with a black key (no skim). I bought the weblink USB cable to program the blade AL. Attached is how I have everything connected.
At this point I can get the unlock to work, and when I try to remote start it'll cycle 3xs by lightning the dash up and sounding the door chime. Beyond that nothing.
I've looked at other posts here and some say to use certain resistors on the locks and parking lights and others nothing. And the wiring instructions given when programming looks like it's from a 2002 early 03. Not correct for my truck, no matter what year I select.
Any info is greatly appreciated
cutoutcummins 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2023 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cutoutcummins
I could really use some help with this. I can't find anything specific to my combo. I've used multiple different videos and forum results with 3rd Gen dodge truck's with different brand systems trying to piece together a comprehensive list of connections that work for my truck. I've got the doors figured out but can't get the remote start to work. The idatalink blade AL according to the instructions shows it's correctly programmed to my truck. (used the weblink cable and program). I've tested the voltage from the truck's wiring to confirm that it's giving the correct voltage at the correct key positions, tested the cm900as to verify it's producing 12v's during the remote start sequence. Everything seems to be doing what it's supposed to but just won't start. The dash lights up, the relays click and it'll try 3x's and stop. I've swapped the ignition wires from the cm900as around with no change. I'm really at a loss at this point. I'm not sure if it's a programming issue or if something else needs to be wired in.
Any help is greatly appreciated
cutoutcummins 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2023 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cutoutcummins
The remote start will start the truck when the key is in the run position. Not sure exactly where that leads me
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2023 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Just saw this. I'm very confused with your chart. If I'm interrupting it correctly, a lot of it seems wrong.
First we could use some more info on your truck. I think it's a 2004 Dodge RAM 3500 with a diesel engine and you are installing a Compustar CM900-as with a Blade-AL cartridge.
The CM900-as is for auto trans only so your truck must not have a manual trans.
Did your truck come with an OEM (factory) Alarm system?
Did you flash the Blade-AL with the CH6 firmware?
Are you following the Type3 wiring in the Install Guide #66308?
Did the Blade-AL program correctly as per the guide?
Here are two things that should help. As you found out, the Blade-AL CH6 guide only shows the connections necessary for the Blade-AL functions as shown at the beginning of the guide. It does not show the necessary CM900-as connections. While they are not the same take a look at the CMHCXA0 install guide for your truck. It will show what iDatalink believes are necessary with wire colors and locations. Here is a link to the guide :
https://images.idatalink.com/vehicle-install-guides/Guides/394/341/5088/EN/RSA-CH6-[CMHCXA0]-(Dodge_Ram_2004_5088)-EN-H_20230514_193524.pdf
Notice the ignition wires they used, IGN1, IGN2, ACC1, ACC2 and Starter1. You probably are not correctly powering one of those signals if you need the key inserted and turned to ON to get a R/S.
You can change the programming of an unused POC wire to an ACC(-) output to control a 30/40 Amp SPDT Relay to provide for the trucks ACC2 wire.
The CN1 wiring should look like this :
CN1 ....................................................... Black IGN Harness
Pin 1 Red - Constant 12V        Red @ Pin 4
Pin 2 Green/White - Programmable Output        use for Parking Light MUX control relay
Pin 3 Red/White - Constant 12V             Red @ Pin 11
Pin 4 White - Accessory 12V positive (+)              Pink/Yellow @ Pin 14
Pin 5 Blue - Programmable Output   IGN2           Pink/White @ Pin 2
Pin 6 Yellow - Starter 12V positive (+) .... Yellow @ Pin 13
Pin 7 Green - Ignition 12V positive (+) .... Pink/Light Green @ Pin3
Pin 8 Black - Ground negative (-) input ..... Chassis Ground
You will need another 30/40 Amp SPDT relay for ACC2 controlled by that re-assigned POC wire.
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic