the12volt.com spacer
icon

2007 Toyota Rav4, Fortin Evo One

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2023 at 7:09 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote godd dan it
Hey everyone im looking for some help please and I have been out of the game for a little while. Im installing a Fortin Evo One in a 2007 Toyota Rav4- Standard Key. I followed all the wiring right. Do I need to program the Fortin unit differently since it has 2 starter wires...etc.?
Also, do I need to have the RX and TX wires connected? The transponder connector was not connected anything. I guess because it doesnt have a transponder?
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
godd dan it 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2023 at 7:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote godd dan it
Also do I need to ground any wires on the unit? Im not using a hood pin so I grounded that wire. Anything else?
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2023 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
With the EVO-One systems you need to flash the unit with the correct firmware for your application. That requires the Flashlink2 updater cable assy and the Flashlink Manager program. For your 2007 RAV-4 you will use 79.65 firmware and Guide # 81941. There are basically two parts of the EVO-ONE, the R/S and the bypass.
Flashlink Manager does have a learning curve. The standard mode of operation does a lot of thinking for you. Pro Mode allows you to better see the options and available choices. The install guide shows the mandatory option settings. Discussion below :
C1 need to be set
A11 If the RAV-4 has the Factory Alarm system with a Hood Pin set to ON and the R/S will monitor the Hood Pin via the CAN Bus. The Pink/Black Hood Pin wire at A15 will not be used. If you don't have a Factory Hood Pin you will set A11 to OFF and install the kit supplied hood pin using Pink/Black Hood Pin wire at A15. If you want to take the risk of installing a R/S without Hood Pin safety monitoring, do NOT ground the Pink/Black wire. A ground indicates the Hood is open and will not allow a R/S.
On the R/S side of things you will set Function 2 to Mode 4. This will option the R/S to have two Ignition and two Starter outputs as shown in the wiring guide. Follow that guide. The Horn connection is optional. Un-used wires should not be connected to anything.
As far as the car not having a Transponder based engine immobilized system... I would do the aluminum foil test on the key. Wrap the key head with 5 layers of foil ensuring that it covers the entire head right up to the key blade, then try to start the RAV4. If it starts you don't have a transponder system. Of course this complicates the programming. At Step 5 the RED Led won't blink ten times. Not sure wether you can just continue or have to push the button. A call to Fortin Tech Support should solve that issue.
Soldering is fun!
godd dan it 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2023 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote godd dan it
Thanks kreg! That really helps.
godd dan it 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2023 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote godd dan it
Got it to all work! Thanks

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic