the12volt.com spacer
icon

Compustar CS920s, 2008 Toyota Prius

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
moparguy98 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2023 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote moparguy98
I've been trying to Install a remote starter on my 2008 Prius for 3 weeks now and been having nothing but trouble. I seem to have everything sorted for the most part, but the compustar will not send the ground signal for the push to start. It's 1 wire at the push to start button that needs grounding for the car to start. Also the Blade will not program. I have everything wired up like the online blade manual says and I've flashed It Idk how many times with weblink. I've tried another spare compustar module and got identical results. Pin #13 on the blade harness Is supposed to be connected to the push to start wire and It needs a ground signal to start up. But It's not doing It. Please help.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2023 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The Blade-AL will not work until it's successfully programmed to the vehicle.
Have you tried a Blade-AL Factory Reset on the Blade cartridge? Sometimes that helps. This is shown on Page 24 of the Install Guide. Then go thru the Type 4 vehicle programming procedure.
If the Blade still won't program correctly, check the diode on the Ignition Input to the CS900-s controller. The band must be towards the CS900-s.
Additionally, while it is not shown on the Type 4 wiring diagram, you must connect the two thick Red and Red/White wires on the 8 Pin harness to a +12V constant source and the Black wire to Chassis Ground. Other things not shown or noted very well is the fact that only the R/S function is shown. You still must wire up the Parking Lights and the door locks for a complete installation. Here is that info :
Lock     BLUE (-)     DKP, BLUE CONN., PIN 14
Unlock     PINK (-)     DKP, BLUE CONN., PIN 13 *
* Set for Double Pulse
Trunk Release     PINK (-)     DKP, 22 PIN CONN., PIN 17
Parking Lamp (+)     BROWN     FUSE BOX, TOP LEFT CONN., PIN 10
Soldering is fun!
moparguy98 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2023 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote moparguy98
I'm installing a Compustar 920S with a Blade for a 2008 Prius. Blade will not program. I'm following the instructions from Blade and It says the Blade should light up red when I turn the Ignition on, well it doesn't. The Prius only uses the green Ignition wire coming from the remote start and that's just a input signal, not an output. The yellow starter wire and secondary blue Ignition wire and the white accessory wire isn't used on the Prius. And help is greatly appreciated.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2023 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Did you check out my reply to your first post?
Soldering is fun!
moparguy98 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2023 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote moparguy98
Yes sorry. I did factory reset it and re flashed It again. But I will re check the diode tomorrow. Also what does factory resetting do to the Blade? Cause after I reset It and go back to weblink it still shows It's programmed to the Prius. Is that normal?
kreg357 
Posted: December 06, 2023 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Kind of. The Flashed firmware remains intact. If there were any Blade options you changed, they would revert back to original factory settings. Is the Blade really programmed to the car? I thought it failed.
The Unit must see the Ignition wire go to +12V. If the diode was backwards that signal would be blocked. Did you connect the Red and Red/White to +12V constant and the Black wire to Chassis Ground?
Soldering is fun!
moparguy98 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2023 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote moparguy98
Yes both red wires are on constant power and ground wire is grounded. I'm hoping the diode is just backwards. The blade is flashed to the car but it's the security system part that's not programmed on the blade. So the car only starts with the fob in the slot.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic