the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

OP500 Firmware

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2023 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
I hoping someone has some insight into this. I have an OP500 I’m having an issue with where when I flash a cm900 module for the 2-10 option it sets the starter output to 0 and won’t crank the car at all. I talked to first tech and I was told to try updating the firmware. Problem is I don’t have an account anymore. I tried using the update on this site and it seemed to work but I’m still having the same problem.
Thank you in advance
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2023 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
How are you flashing the CM900 module? I do it when I flash the Blade cartridge using a PC and the USB Cable and WEBLink Desktop. It shows as "Update Firmware on Controller" at the lower left side under the Blade info. I also set most of the CM900 options at the same time, Modify Options. You can even do the Special Option Groups online with the WEBLink Desktop program. I can still make changes with the OP-500 if needed during the install and testing phase. You should be able to get into the ADS system for flashing a module as a Private Field Installer.
Soldering is fun!
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2023 at 6:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
I do 98% mobile installs and I flash the modules with my phone on site. I can’t flash the cm900 with my phone it’s a glitch when using mobile. So I use the op500 to change the features. I did an install on a new Kia yesterday and tried flashing the module with the op500 to change the option 2-10 to assume crank and it shows on the op500 that it’s on the correct setting. The module powers up the system but won’t output 12v starter at all. I go back in with the op500 and change 2-10 to tach and it works as expected. I do have my laptop and the weblink app and cable. I know I can program modules and the blade using that. Although I haven’t tried this particular one yet. I might start carrying my laptop and see if that works. Just a pain to find WiFi everywhere.
Thanks for the help
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2023 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Can your phone do a WiFi Hotspot? I do that on my mobile installs rather than asking for a customer password. WEBLink worked well under 4G speeds and no issues at all with 5G.
I prefer making changes with WEBLink because it gives you the feature and options available in English. While most are the same, I do CS800s, CS900s and FT7200s and don't have them memorized by Bank and Feature number.
I usually bring a spare bypass and controller with me, just in case. With iData they dont like you reflashing the spare, bypass more than a few times before they lock it down. A cheap laptop has saved the day a few times.
It used to be you had to have a Blade cartridge installed to work on a Compustar controller but now you can update the firmware and set options without the Blade cartridge installed. Just did a 2000 Mustang and was going to use a Blade TB but was able to reuse an EVO-ALL bypass from the previous system. Had to make a few CM900s changes on the fly with the laptop like TRUNK RELEASE only (no alarm) and change a POC to TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT.
Been doing a few older cars this week so my fingers are sore with all the individual wires needed...
Soldering is fun!
chev104275 
Posted: December 09, 2023 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
I turned the hotspot off on my phone plan but I could turn that back on and use the laptop. It was just really easy using the op500 and so far the only option it messes with is 2-10 number 4 which is weird. The guy at Compustar was thinking it was the firmware causing the assume crank time to change to 0 seconds when flashed with the op500.
I hear you on the old stuff. I got so used to the new cars and everything controlled by data it sucks when you have to go back. I’ve been doing alot old stuff this year. I think I’ve done more old than new.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic