the12volt.com spacer
icon

CM-900AS New Programming Options

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
redgrey11 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2023 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redgrey11
I updated my Compustar CM-900AS firmware to V1.32 with the webupdater and noticed new programming options.
I was looking at group 3, which has some new settings that are not listed in the 2019 version of the install manual found online or the inserts that came with the package.
Secure start NC and NO with time settings for 1,2 and 10 minutes, which can be programmed to to one of the POC special group option 2.
Valet mode has an additional 3rd option labeled as valet input. I think this new option might be a toggle button.
Can anyone provide more information on what these 3 options do? If you can, please post the new programming tables and descriptions.
redgrey11 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2023 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote redgrey11
I did some more digging
Secure Start NO and NC are for the push to start, PTS, functionality. The module sends a ground signal within a set interval to the relays for PTS.
Normally open (NO) - Module sends a ground when disarmed signal
Normally closed (NC) - Module sends a ground when armed signal
Instead of the PTS, you can use it with the FT-Elock as a starter-kill. The CM-900AS only has a NC starter kill with the negative ground when armed output (pin18, blue/white wire on harness 3). Secure start NO can provide that normally open starter kill, but only for a set interval. If I understand it right, disarming the alarm would close the starter kill relay for a set time (max 10 minute setting). If I were sitting in the car beyond 10 min, then I would need to arm and disarm the alarm to enable the starter circuit again.
I haven’t been able to figure out the 3rd option for wired valet yet
Option 1 and 2 are still the brake tap combinations: press brake 5 times
new Option 3 wired valet input
If option 3 is a toggle button for valet, then I don’t see a program option on which wires accept the signal. It’s not listed in the special group options 1 or 2.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 16, 2023 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Thanks for the updates! They change to firmware so often but the latest full install guide I have is from 2019...
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic