the12volt.com spacer
icon

2015 Honda CR-Z Hybrid, Manual Transmission, Remote Start Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
assassin10000 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2023 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote assassin10000
2015 Honda CR-Z. Manual trans, hybrid.
Looking for OEM wiring colors/diagrams and any add ons necessary to install an Avital 4003/4003L.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2024 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
A few thoughts...
The first and most obvious is that your selected R/S controller, Avital 4003/4003L, is NOT rated safe for Manual Transmission vehicles. It has no Reservation Mode option and would be totally unsafe in a standard transmission vehicle.
Additionally, a R/S system that has no remotes & relies on the Factory Remotes and some Lock pulses to initiate a R/S would require extra parts/wiring. I would go with a R/S system that includes aftermarket remotes
The second problem is that my usual bypass module manufacturer, ADS iDatalink, does not have any solutions for your 2015 Honda CR-Z with manual transmission. I'm pretty sure your CR-Z has a transponder based engine immobilizer system. They do show solutions for the automatic transmission version and that solution has this warning :
NOTE
WARNING: This solution does NOT cover hybrid vehicles with a manual transmission. Do not, under any circumstances, attempt to install.
Fortin does show a solution for the 2015 Honda CR-Z with their EVO-ONE controller which is Manual Transmission capable BUT it does not specifically indicate that it will work properly on a Manual Transmission vehicle. Considering that warning from iDatalink, I'd be very cautious. Fortin install diagrams will typically show the Clutch Interlock Switch bypass wiring when the solution will support MT vehicles and nothing is shown/mentioned in the wiring diagram.
Here is a link to the EVO-ONE solution (for wire colors and locations) : https://fortin.ca/download/62311/EVO-ONE_IG_REG_BI_HON_CRZ-FIT-INSIGHT_2009-2014_LOCK_D_62311.pdf
Your best bet is to contact Fortin at 1-877-336-7797 and ask if the EVO-ONE system will work for your MT vehicle.
Soldering is fun!
assassin10000 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2024 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote assassin10000
I'm well aware of the pitfalls of remote start systems on manual transmission cars. Your warning is appreciated and should be paid attention to, for those unaware of the potential problems that can arise. IE: others reading this thread that are unfamiliar with remote starts on manual transmission cars.
I've been running them personally for over a decade on multiple vehicles.
Yes, these are transponder keys. Available with or without built in remotes.
assassin10000 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2024 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote assassin10000
Did some poking around on fortin's website. It does say that it's compatible with the manual trans CR-Z.
2015 Honda CR-Z Hybrid, Manual Transmission, Remote Start Wiring - Last Post -- posted image.
Why it doesn't show the clutch switch bypass wiring is concerning but nothing that can't be done with an additional relay (or two), if there is an extra (-) output that is programmable.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2024 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
I noticed that too but decided it was generic and about the EVO-ONE's capabilities, not the CR-Z install in particular.
If you look at the wiring diagram for the Fortin EVO-ONE solution it's almost identical with the iDataStart CMHCXA0. While Fortin has the (-) Parking Light wire as Gray and iDatalink has it as Blue the connector and pin location are the same. Fortin has you add in the lock control wires after the module is programmed while iDatalink controls them through Data.
If it is that easy to add R/S to a MT CR-Z via an EVO-ONE with a Clutch bypass wire added, why didn't iDatalink do it? And still, what's up with that very serious warning note? Sounds to me that it has nothing to do with liability on a MT install. More like some sort of catastrophic electronic failure.
A few phone calls ( Fortin and ADS ) could save you some major repair bills on the CR-Z.
Soldering is fun!
assassin10000 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2024 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote assassin10000
Yeah. I'm thinking it may be a programming or compatibility issue due to the hybrid potentially shutting off the engine and making the evo one try and restart.
It could also be it senses the clutch switch 'depressed' while idling for too long and throws an error code. If so it's a matter of making a time limited circuit or perhaps using a glow plug output thats timed.
I contacted fortin via their website, hoping for a positive answer but it may just be an explanation of the reason why it's not on the install diagram.
assassin10000 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2024 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote assassin10000
I got in contact with fortin and it will work like I thought it would. They just don't provide the plugs/wiring in their plug in harness or the diagrams for the layman.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic