the12volt.com spacer
icon

1992 Chevrolet K1500, Avital 4105L Remote Start Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joeguy1 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2024 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joeguy1
I have an Avital 4150L i was installing and ran into issues. I only have the heavy gauge relay 6 pin (all 6), the ground from the primary 9 pin (blk), and the tach input, brake shutdown, and parking brake input (purp/white, brwn, blk/white) from the 5 pin connectors wired in. It seems to program right when i did the remote and tach learn, but when i press the remote start button it just clicks and flashes my dash lights for like half a second. I do not see it flashing an error code. I assume i need to connect atleast the horn and lights or something, was trying to just get it to work before getting into those but thats about all i can think if unless you guys know whats up. Thanks in advance.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2024 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Avital 4150L ? Typo, perhaps a 4105L? The wires/colors you listed sound like a 4105L.
If you connected the Black/White wire to the vehicles Parking Brake wire, did you put the Parking Brake ON when you attempted a R/S?
Connect the Parking Lights and try to count the Parking Light flashes.
Parking Lamp (+)   BROWN   (+) AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH
Make sure the 4105's parking light jumper is at the (+) position.
LED Flashes        Shutdown Mode
I flash............Timed out
2 flashes .........Over-rev shutdown
3 flashes .........Low or no RPM, low battery [voltage and virtual tach modes)
4 flashes .........Transmitter shutdown (or optional push button)
5 flashes .........Hood Shutdown (5 pin Gray wire)
6 flashes .........Brake Shutdown (5 pin Brown wire)
7.flashes .........Neutral safety shutdown (5 pin Black/White wire)
8 flashes .........Wait-to-start timed out
Soldering is fun!
joeguy1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2024 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joeguy1
Yeah sorry it is a 4105, the black/white i have just grounded along with the ground from the main harness. Connected the lights and they flash 1 time as soon as i press the remote start and that is all. The actual led on the unit does not flash anything untill i miss with it enough that it just starts to constant flash. Now it beeps when i press buttons though so i guess thats progress maybe ha. I tried swapping my brake switch to the other wire to see if maybe that was doing it but it does the same thing for both wires.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2024 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The Brake wire should be :
Brake Pedal   WHITE (+)   AT SWITCH ON BRAKE PEDAL BRACKET   
Verify with DMM.
Perhaps you could list your main ignition harness connections.
Soldering is fun!
joeguy1 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2024 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joeguy1
Yeaaa turns out im just stupid ha, i mistook a light grey wire for the white at the brake switch, swapped that and now it works. The diagnostic LED not working is kinda odd but hey so long as the truck starts im happy. Thanks for the help man.
kreg357 
Posted: January 07, 2024 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Thanks for the update. Not unusual for the wires to change colors slightly with age... Thirty + years is pretty long.
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic