the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Mazda Protege5, Lock/Unlock With Factory System Installed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cbizzzle 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2024 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cbizzzle
Hello. For the life of me I can't figure out why I can only get this to lock, or unlock. It won't do both. I have the 451M and the 3100XL. The car is a 2003 protege5 2.0l. I also have a light issue... It could just be a bad connection on my part 😅🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2024 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Not sure how you have it wired up right now but...
That car uses a single wire door lock system. When using the 451M Door Lock Module you would follow the Type H wiring diagram.
The two resistor values needed are :
Lock = 1,000 Ohms
Unlock = 620 Ohms
The vehicles' Single Lock wire is :
MINT GREEN/RED (Thin) at BASE OF A PILLAR OR UNDER DRIVER DASH
The resistor values are +/- 5% but you might have to play around to find the exact values for your car.
The Parking Light info is :
Parking Lamp (+)    GREEN/BLACK(+)    @ BLACK 36 PIN CONN. TO LEFT OF COLUMN
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic