the12volt.com spacer
icon

IDatastart CMHCXAO, Trunk Output?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smcross03 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2024 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smcross03
Hello,
I’m installing an iDatastart RS on a 2015 Armada and I
am looking for some confirmation on whether, or not, the negative trunk trigger makes a contact to ground when activated. The power liftgate switch on my Armada only makes a connection to ground when pressed. Ultimately trying to determine if I can just connect the trigger wire to the appropriate side of the switch or if should use the trigger in conjunction with a relay. Your help is greatly appreciated. I attached an image for reference.IDatastart CMHCXAO, Trunk Output? -- posted image.IDatastart CMHCXAO, Trunk Output? -- posted image.
Thanks
smcross03 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2024 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smcross03
Adding additional details
2015 Nissan Armada Platinum
W/ intellikey. Not push to start but a keyless ignition
IDatastart CMHCXAO
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2024 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
First a little terminology. Trunk Trigger and Trunk Release.
Trunk Trigger is M3-08 Blue w/Silver Dot wire. It is looking for a (-) Input that means the trunk is open
Trunk Release is M2-03 Red/White w/Black Dot wire. It outputs a (-) signal on a trunk release command.
The Trunk Release can be programmed for various output durations, Default is .8 seconds. See Menu 2 Feature 2.
Additional programming for Trunk Release sequence - see Menu 2 Feature 14.
Anyway, connecting the R/S M2-03 Red/White Trunk Release wire to the vehicles wire at Pin 1 of the Power Liftgate Switch will work.
Below is the wire color info :
Trunk Release Activation   BLUE/WHITE(-)   POWER LIFTGATE SWITCH GREY 6 PIN CONN, PIN 1
Soldering is fun!
smcross03 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2024 at 5:12 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote smcross03
Kreg357,
Thank you for the education in terminology and confirming what I had hoped was true!!
Have a great day!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic