the12volt.com spacer
icon

DEI DB3 and 5X05 Installation Manual for 2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dawson065 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2024 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dawson065
I am looking for a vehicle specific installation manual for a Directed DB3 Door Lock Security Module and a Directed 5X05 remote start module for a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins diesel with an automatic transmission. The truck is also a black key (no immobilizer) and no factory alarm system.
I bought the truck a few years ago with these 2 modules installed and everything seemed to be working properly with the security alarm module, but the remote start would sometimes crank and not always start (I think now this was due to the virtual tach being used instead of the physical tach wire). Anyways, I had other electrical issues with the truck and due to the poor installation of these modules under the dash (a rats nest of exposed solder joints) I decided to remove it to see if the electrical issues would disappear. Long story short, the issues were not tied to the remote start + alarm system. I want to reinstall the system now and did not document the wiring connections very well. I have been searching all over the internet to try and piece all of the vehicle specific manuals into one for my truck (as I cannot access Directechs website), but I am at a loss with some of the wires that were used off of the modules. I would be grateful for some assistance.
Thanks!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic