the12volt.com spacer
icon

2010 Mazda Miata, ADS-Blade-AL Takeover

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cj8990 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2024 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cj8990
Installing a Compustar CM-X remote start with an ADS-BLADE-AL running firmware DL-MA4 V1.10
Everything is working and I can remote start. The problem I am having is with the takeover. This is the MX-5 with the smart key so I just have a switch at the ignition which is turned identically to a key. The keysense modele detects the key and allows the ignition switch to be turned. When the key is not detected in range the keysense module locks out the ignition switch from turning at all. When I remote start, the vehicle turns on with or without the key present but when I enter the vehicle the ignition is still "locked" from turning so I am unable to attempt takeover. I can turn the vehicle off by pressing the brake and then the keysense module releases the ignition switch so it can be restarted as normal. I am not sure why the keysense module wont release the ignition switch when the key is in range while it is remote started. According to the idatalink website the MX-5 is listed as "takeover available" on the Blade-AL features for this model.
Any ideas of what I should check? I have triple checked wiring and the blade programmed no problem through weblink. Kind of at a loss of what to check next.
-Corey
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2024 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Two thoughts...
Are you using a remote to Unlock the remote started car prior to trying a key takeover?
Did you fully power the ignition circuits as shown below ?
2010 Mazda Miata, ADS-Blade-AL Takeover -- posted image.
Soldering is fun!
cj8990 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2024 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cj8990
Yup unlocking prior to attempting takeover. I have tried unlocking with both the compustar remote to enter and with the factory remote. Door sense is hooked up and working properly and opened and closed door as part of any possible takeover prerequisites.
Wiring was the first thing I checked and I believe it is hooked up proper as above but I will check again when I get home in case I am going crazy here and the issue is right in front of me.
-Corey
cj8990 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2024 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cj8990
So just checked all the wiring again and everything is wired correctly per above. The HCP3 wire (blue wire) is also correctly reconfigured in the CMX as a 2nd accessory (default is 2nd ignition).
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2024 at 6:50 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Well, you might try an earlier version of MA4 firmware. Other than that perhaps a call to iDatalink for their input.
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic