the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 Ford Excursion, CM6000AS, Blade-AL

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
richsoucie 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2024 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote richsoucie
Been trying to resolve this myself for 2 days. Issue I'm having is the blade won't let me do extended programming. Keep getting an error that says device not ready for extended programming. The reading is empty. But when I put it in the truck and turn the key on it appears to program correctly blue light on for 2 seconds then goes off. At this point I've triple checked all my connections and even went as far as trying a different remote start module with the same result. Anyone have any ideas? It's a late production 2003
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2024 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Looking at the Blade AL with BLADE-AL(TB)-FM2 firmware install guide #82367, it has this note at Step 3 of the programming:
If LED turns solid BLUE for 2 seconds. Module Programming Procedure completed.
Have you tried turning key to OFF. Removing the key for 30 seconds and then a remote start attempt?
Soldering is fun!
richsoucie 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2024 at 5:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote richsoucie
I did try to start it without going thru extended programming. The theft light blinks rapidly and it doesn't start
richsoucie 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2024 at 6:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote richsoucie
Think I may have gotten it working. What I did was leave the key in the ignition and hit remote start, after it started I turned it off and took the key out and hit remote start and no theft light and it started. No idea why this worked or if it's going to continue to work but for now it appears to be working properly
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2024 at 7:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Good news! I'm thinking that at Step 3 with the Blue LED for 2 seconds the Blade firmware does not gather the needed KLON info to upload and process. It just ends the programming procedure.
If I remember correctly, a long time ago I did a 2000 Excursion and had all types of issues getting the bypass module to program. I tried several types including an ADS AL-CA. The standard two keys process didn't work, neither did the KLON. Luckily the customer had two working keys so I programmed a third key and put it in a "key-in-the-box" module.
Soldering is fun!
richsoucie 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2024 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote richsoucie
Well now that that's working I moved on to testing the alarm and its acting weird too unit is cm-6000as and I can not get the alarm to go off. If I lock from the remote I get the confirmation chirp and arm lock notification on the remote but no matter what I do it won't alarm. Opened the hood get a unlock/disarm message on the remote, reach thru the window and manually unlock and open a door get a unlock/disarm on the remote, hung the shock sensor out the window and shook the crap out of it and nothing.
silvercivicsir 
Copper - Posts: 403
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2024 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote silvercivicsir
are you waiting 1 minute after you arm the alarm? Compustar does not set immediately
richsoucie 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2024 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote richsoucie
Waited a good 10+ minutes. Armed it and went inside to do some stuff came back opened the hood and got disarm/ unlock

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic