the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 350 Plus 3105V, Door Lock Actuators

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2024 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
So, did grounding the trigger wires for the relay operate the locks as they should? How are you testing the Lock wiring from the module? Red on 12v black on either blue or green and active the locks during the lock command the meter should read 12v? You may need to diode isolate the lock wires from the relay pin Band would go towards the module.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
chiel 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2024 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chiel
Unfortunately, grounding made no difference.
If I insert the connector with green and blue wires diagonally into the computer (so then it makes contact on 1 pin) then the actuators work fine. As soon as I put it in properly, it stops working. And, the relays remain energized and get hot.
But is it normal for the trigger wires to be close to 12V?? As you can read, its my first time.
Thanks.
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2024 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
So, I think were missing something. if you look at the diagram you used and you remove the green on 86 and the blue from 85. Then use a jumper wire to ground on the pins of the relays the actuators should work if everything is wired correctly. If they don't work, then I would look at the wiring of the relays again. If they do work, then recheck the output of the module and make sure it is outputting a ground signal.
amcclay 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2024 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote amcclay
Do you have one of these hooked up?
https://a.co/d/0ci4IYZ
I used the same actuator system and this was required to make them work.
Miata
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2024 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote t&t tech
amcclay wrote:
Do you have one of these hooked up?
https://a.co/d/0ci4IYZ
I used the same actuator system and this was required to make them work.
The equivalent of two five pin SPDT Relays.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
chiel 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2024 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chiel
I use de 5p relais.
Everything works when I put 12V on one pin. The actuator opens and closes.
It doesn't work when I plug it into the controlbox. Both open and close pins in the controlbox are 12V at the same time and don't give a pulsesignal when i use de remote.
Grtz.
chev104275 
Posted: April 22, 2024 at 4:10 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
Not sure what you mean it works when 12v is applied ? Where are you applying 12v ? On the diagram you posted you should be using a ground pulse on Pin 85 or 86 depending on what relay you are working with.
chiel 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2024 at 4:35 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chiel
The actuators work (with the 2 relays) when I put 12V on the blue or green pulse wire.
But, when I plug it in the controlbox it doesn't work.
When I measure on one of the pins that should give the pulse, it measure 12V constant. Both the blue and the green pin. I think that is strange because it should give an pulse insteat of 12V constant??
Now i'm gonna test it with 5A diodes....
chev104275 
Posted: April 22, 2024 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
Can you list exactly how you have your relays wired? (what wires are going to what pins). If they are wired just like the diagram applying 12v to the removed green or blue wires wouldn't activate the relays and make the locks function.
chiel 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2024 at 1:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chiel
Okay, so I unplugged everything and hooked it up on a Viper 3100 to test it. And it works like it should be!
The problem must be in the controlbox. It gives no pulse while lock or unlocking it. So, it must be a setting or the controlbox is not working correct??
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic