icon

Boss amp question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ToyNut 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2003 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
I have an old Boss AVA-400TR 400w amp. As I was installing it in my new car I think I saw a sticker on the bottom of that said "Simultaneous stereo and bridged output". Would this mean that I could run the two 6x9's that it is currently running and bridge it to run a sub? I've never heard of doing this with an amp (of course, I know next to nothing about amps!)
So, If I can do this, what would the ohm load be to each speaker (my 8" Kicker Comp is an 8ohm) and power output to each speaker?
Thanks,
Okoboji 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2003 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
Well what your trying to do is called tri mode where you have the back speakers hooked up to the amp and then the hooked up as if it was being bridged i dont know if you can do that with that amp.... but it requires a crossover to power the sub so that is only pumps out bass.... check the amp's manual if you still have it
Okoboji
"Yo I wanna buy a system so big it blows women's clothes off!"
D148l0 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2003 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  

You can wire your AVA-400TR (2 channel, 400 watts max) in that way. the impedance of your speakers (sub included) is perfect to do so. Leave the amp's built-in crossover in full range, and buy a high pass filter (passive crossover) and put it in the sub wiring to cut the high frecuencies. They are sold with different cut points, get the one that goes best with your sub specs. Since the info I was able to obtain from your amp only gives max power values, I cannot give you accurate figures... however, boss is... well, boss, so the little kicker shoud have no problem with that amp.

d148l0

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic