icon

10 12 or 15 woofers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thomasbutler 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2003 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
Still trying to decide what woofers to get for my system.  Went to alot of different car audio stores today and got many different ideas on what to do.  One guy said 3 visonik 12's.  Another said 4 of any decent brand tens.  But im still stuck on 15's probaly the Ma audio dvc 15's now not the real high class about 800 to 1000 peak.  Tired of running around getting all these guys who think they are the expert tell me something different thats why I come to u guys who are experts and newbies also.  Let me know what to do only trying to spend about 250-300 dollars on subs though any help would be appreciated.  what should i go with 3 12's 4 tens or 2 15's give me some brands also.  thanks
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2003 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
Well what kind of sound are you looking for?  SPL?  SQ?  or somewhere in between?  And is space going to be an issue for you with your vehicle, or will basically anything fit?
Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2003 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
Another factor to determine which size would be what kind of music do you listen to?? To me and most others, 12's are a good all around size for most all music. 15's would be a good match for most rap/hip hop, 10's (which i use) are nice and tight and good for rock/metal. But like i said, you really cant go wrong with 12's, and if you want to hit the real low notes 10's arent that great for that. All depends on what you are looking for. One thing to do is go around to different places and take some of your cd's with you and check out some of the employees vehicles. Get alot better idea hearing the stuff in a vehicle compared to listening in a showroom.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2003 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  

What kind of amp do you have?

thomasbutler 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2003 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
I have a dhd1600 watt 2 channel amp, a dhd 500 watt 2 channel amp, a kicker 350 4 channel and a formula 1000 watt 4 channel.  And I listen to rap hip hop only.
Lebult 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2003 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  

This is KINDA off topic, but how much would the 3 Visonik 12"s cost??

They're selling here for $149 CDN with a Sealed Box.

wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2003 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure of the price, but be careful with the Visonik's. A lot of their subs are 6ohm DVC's. With 3 of them (if they are the 6ohm model) you will only be able to reach a 1 or 4 ohm total load if you wire all 3 together in either parallel or series/parallel. Make sure you amp can handle the ohm load.
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic