icon

fosgate vs jbl

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thomasbutler 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2003 at 3:54 AM / IP Logged  
I have been getting alot of mixed views on this had big argument at store between two guys over old school punch 1000 against jbl 1200.1.  Heard the punch before  it pounded the hell out of 4 orion 12's.  Wanted you guys opinion on which is better.   punch 1000 jbl 1200.1
ghs_wreslter189 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2003 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
punch, but i haven't heard jbl
--Adam
chevylove 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2003 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
Well first off I could run power and a ground to a tuna sandwich and it would pound 4 orion 12's.  I really couldn't tell you any one is better than the other.  In my dealings w/ the two companies' products i've come to believe that both make reliable, quality stuff.  I've only seen one fosgate amp blow and that was because the guy had his subs wired to about 2/3 ohms. 
Drew   "Fuses are only 10 cents...go for it."
Ickster40 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2003 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
PUNCH, It walks all over JBL
DJ,Scottsdale Extreme Sound
HuskiePJN 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2003 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  

I would go with Punch over JBL... although a lot of people seem to be still liking the JBL 1200.1 lately.

I'm making the same choice for my friends car, but felt he would be happier with Punch since he was on a budget.  JBL gives decent power for your money, but doesn't hit like a Punch.

...o0O P.J. O0o...
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  

This issue is a personal issue on the features that you want and how you are going to wire your system..  I think for the variable wiring options and the price JBL is the way to go.  Punch is a good amp but sometimes they can get a little pricey.  I've heard both hooked up and the JBL can really make a system hit when it is hooked up right and everything else is designed to spec.

esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  

I'm gonna have to agree with fuseblower on this one.  Punch amps are VERY expensive for what you get.  The JBL amps will pound the heck out of a pair or subs and you can use them in almost any setup because they're 1 ohm stable.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Punch amps aren't any good, I just think they are sometimes overpriced, and in those instances there are better choices out there.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
Jman477359 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
i think jbl all the way!
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
RF hits hard, but they don't make a 1ohm stable amp. If you're willing to pay the xtra $'s and actually design a nice 2ohm system (instead of just grabbing the 1st subs that come along regardless of the ohm rating) then punch will hit harder IMO.
But like esmith69 said, the JBL's get a lot of pushing because they are 1ohm stable, inexpensive when comparing watts per dollar, and they're reliable.
My personal preference is still RF, but JBL is better for a budget install
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic