icon

headrest monitors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boatracer 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2003 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
I totally understand your point I do HVAC work so I know about the difference in equipment and just because we dont sell it all does not mean it is not good!!!!!!
boatracer 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2003 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  

I think i am pretty much set on the vizualogic installation. I like the look of these headrest's, if you have any of these in stock let me know and if so howmuch????

Thanks Kevin

ezridr 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2003 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
boatracer I will check the price on Mon when I get to work and post it for you, I just do the installs and nothing with the sales so I will see what kind of price I can come up with headrest monitors - Page 2 -- posted image.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder"
boatracer 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2003 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks that will be great. Also you say you are a installer, what do I need to do to put a playstation 2 in my truck. I know I need a inverter, to change power to 110, what else. I have the clarion vrx935 in the truck to hook this too, and the monitors soon. Thanks Kevin

there are no stupid questions, so always ask!!!!
ezridr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2003 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  

You will need a good power inverter, min of 400 watts, I reccomend 600 watts, and run a 10 gauge power wire directly to the battery with a switch or ignition relay inline because the PS2 draws a lot of power off the inverter.

Then run the A/V inputs from the ps2 into your 935. You have a video output on the unit, which I would suggest running that into a small video amplifier, then to your headrests. I am not sure if the Clarion allows you to multisource or not but if it does and you want the ability to listen to and watch something different on the rear monitors then you will need to get some wireless headphones (Audiovox).

I am not sure if you are going to use the PS2 for your DVD player as well, but if you are and you are going to mount it somewhere behind the front seats, I would go to Circuit City or Best Buy and get the PS2 game controller extension cables and run them to the front from your PS2, as well as the wireless DVD remote they sell for it, makes it much more convienient.

boatracer 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2003 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

I am not familiar with the mobile video . What is a video amplifier used for in the system???  And when I bought the clarion they told me that I would be able to play one thing through the front speakers and something else through the back so I guess that will be what you were speaking of as multisource.

Thanks Kevin

ezridr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2003 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  

basically a video amplifier does the same thing as an audio amplifier. Because you have multiple video sources feeding into a single source and then that source (your Clarion) feeding somewhere else (your monitors) you can lose signal voltage especially when using large screens and multiple screens. It is not something that is mandatory but I always use them to get the best picture quality, they are not very expensive either they range from $60-100

Yes multisource means you can view and hear different sources all at the same time, so the wireless headphones would allow someone in the back to watch and listen to something different other than what is going on up front or even at the monitor next to them.

boatracer 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2003 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  

EZRIDR, I found a video distribution amplifier, is that what I would need to run the monitors???

ezridr 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2003 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
that would be it boatracer, it should have a video input and 4 or more outputs and a switched and ground wire, some of them even have adjustable gains, I will get the price of those monitors when I go in tomorrow and post them for you
boatracer 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2003 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

hey ezridr, did you get me any prices on the monitors yet????  I found a place that will give me two headrest monitors two sets of wireless headphones, two remotes and everything necessary for hooking it up for around $1030. How does that sound??? let me know

Thanks Kevin

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic