icon

Picking a sub amp, and head unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crichols82 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2003 at 10:20 AM / IP Logged  
Has anyone heard anything good  about the Memphis MC1000D? I was told this was a great mono amp, and its 1 ohm stable, if anyone has any experience with it let me know.  I will be pushing a 12 inch kicker L7 solo-baric sub. Im not sure whether to get the 1 ohm 2 ohm version. I was looking at Clarion's and Alpine's for my new head unit.  I was looking at the Alpine cda-9811 and the Clarion dxz735mp.  I noticed that the Clarion had only 17 watts rms per channel compared to the alpine's 23.  Also the Alpine had 4 volt RCA'S versus the Clarion's 1.8 volts.  I can't decide which one to get, and I'm not sure if I will even noticed much of a difference.  Any input about the solo-baric's would also be appreciated.
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2003 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
those look like a nice combo...concider a pioneer source?
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
Sebastian018 
Silver - Posts: 364
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2003 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
Have you ever consider the PIoneer Premier DEH-P750MP or the Pioneer Premier DEH-P550MP>>>>.
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2003 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

Yea definitely consider a pioneer or premier head unit.  But between clarion and alpine I would pick alpine.

To be totally honest though, sound quality wise you will not hear much of a difference beween them.

oh yea and if you ever think you might get satellite radio, alpine/pioneer can do XM, and clarion does sirius, just FYI.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
ezridr 
Copper - Posts: 127
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2003 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
Definately go with the Alpine, Clarion hasn't been the same ever since they went in and came out of Best Buy. Pioneer has been known for low voltage preouts, the Alpine would be the best way to go, it has front rear and sub preouts, bass engine plus, time correction, plays WMA and MP3 discs, and also can be used with the mobile hub if you have a Nokia 6310i cell phone
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder"
Tfire5 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2003 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
I have sold and installed many of the memphis 1000d amp we won a spl drag with those amplifiers. they are definetly an spl amp they are a class d amplifier which means they are not a clean amp but they have alot of raw power. so if your not wanting to win a sq contest but you want that solo baric to kick you through the front windsheild of your car than thats a great amp to do that.and go 1-ohm this amp can handle it , draw as much power from this amp as you can. go alpine for the head unit having a higher voltage output will be a really good thing for your system but also the cleaner  the sound reproduction the better if your going to use a class d amp
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2003 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
Dont know if you considered any other decks but alot of newer ones have went with higher preout voltages on them, Eclipse(5-16 volts), Kenwood(5 volts), Blaupunkt(5-6 volts), plus one of the new Blaupunkts has a built in 13 band EQ, kind of a nice option.
crichols82 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 05, 2003 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks alot guys, you've been alot of help.  I think I'm gonna stick with the memphis amp and solo-baric's.  I'm still undecided on the headunit, but I think that I'm gonna with something that has a higher pre-amp voltage.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic