icon

blown sub ? please help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thomasbutler 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 3:37 AM / IP Logged  
My magnet was hot as hell when i took the speakers out of the box.  That means they were  not cooling at all right so the box has to be the problem.  My JBL 1200.1 was not set on high either.  I have two kicker cvr's.  And could anyone tell me haw to wire the kicker cvr 15's.  They have a white dot on one positive and one negative.  Do i hook the wires going to the amp up to them or the terminals that do not have them.
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2003 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  

Kicker CVR 15's box specs.

Min Rec Sealed Box Vol (CU. FT., LITERS)

1.8, 50.9

Max Rec Sealed Box Vol (CU. FT., LITERS)5.2, 147.2
Min Rec Vented Box Vol* (CU. FT., LITERS)3.0, 84.9
Max Rec Vented Box Vol* (CU. FT., LITERS)5.0, 141.6

Because the magnet was hot does not mean that the box is the problem.  Sometimes when a speaker is pushed to the max it can not dissapate heat fast enough to stay cool.  This may be the case with your subs.  The JBL amp is rated to put out 1200 rms into 2/1 ohms and the subs are maxed out at 500 each.  Kicker makes good subs but it could be your subs that are the problem.  If you want to stay with kicker look into the L7's, they have dual venting locations so that they can keep cool at all volumes.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic