the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Pioneer? Kenwood? Infinity? Help Me Out!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ch1xxx 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2003 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  

I am trying to decide what kind of 6x8" speakers to get put into my 1998 Ford F-150.  I had my heart set on the Infinity Kappas, but I wanted to see if I could get about the same performance for the same price range.  I was thinking maybe Pioneer or Kenwood speakers?

Pioneer - I have a Pioneer headunit, and it might be nice to try and keep 1 - 2 brands only in my truck.

Kenwood - I've heard/had them before, but I don't know how well they would compare up to Infinity.

Any other brands that anyone recommends?

I would prefer to stay away from people like Focal, and Crystal just because I'm not familiar with the brand, and don't trust new things  Pioneer? Kenwood? Infinity? Help Me Out! -- posted image.

Anyone please let me know!

Tcole 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2003 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
Given the 3 choices I would go with the Infinitys.
The brands that you were saying you want to stay clear of are some of the bench mark speakers of the industry.
Focal doesnt make a 6x8, not to sure of Crystal. If you get a chance buy them before you buy any of the others. Spend the extra money its worth it.
6.5 may fit into the location with a little bit of modification.
Hope this helps
tdsteele 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2003 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
Out of the three, i would go with the Kappas probably. The Pioneer TS-D680R are some nice ones, have killer highs to them. You can also go down to 5X7's for your application. In that size i would recommend Eclipse or Diamond Audio. I run Diamonds in my Explorer, they are some killer 5X7's.
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2003 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

I wrote a nice lil reply earlier this morning but the site kinda had a heart attack on me when I finally pressed "post" and I wasn't sure if it got sent.  I left to go to work and now I'm back and looks like it never got sent, oh well!Pioneer? Kenwood? Infinity? Help Me Out! -- posted image.

ANYWAYS, I was going to suggest that you go with the kappas--they're very good speakers and are a very good value for the SQ that you get.  Focals are amazing but they can get kinda expensive sometimes; for some people it's worth that extra money, but for a lot of people they're just too expensive.  That's kinda something you'd have to decide for yourself obviously....

I've heard the new Pioneer REV speakers are awesome but I've never heard them myself so I can't verify that.

Might wanna try doing a side-by-side listening test to compare some different brands and models, if that's possible.  If you have to choose blindly though stick to the kappas.

Ethan
-----
"Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success"
Donate to the12volt.com
Lebult 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2003 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  

Kappa's man.

I have them in my car (along with Kappa 6.5 Components and 2 12" Kappa Subs) and they sound awesome.

ch1xxx 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2003 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  

Kappas it is.  I can get them for about 70 a piece too through my wholesale dealer.  Thanks all for the advice.

About the Crystals and Focals, I'm just not a big fan of change.  Its hard for me to trust a brand if I haven't heard it in realtime action first though.  I will keep my eyes(and ears) open for these speakers.  Thanks guys!

-Josh

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic