icon

Rollup when sector violated... Success!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
utc13 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2003 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
Well for any of you who are interested, I was able to devise a way to get my window module (530T) to roll my windows up when the outer radar sector is violated (by snoopers, rain, etc). The ‘ground when armed’ wire that connects to my window module is what triggers the module to roll up the windows when armed (this wire stays grounded until disarmed). However if I leave the windows down when armed I can ‘trick’ the window module into rolling the windows up by breaking the connection on this wire for a second and then reconnecting it (the module thinks that I have disarmed the alarm and then rearmed it... this does not trigger the alarm at all).
I therefore devised a two relay system. The first relay is a ‘timer’ which (using a capacitor and resistor) momentarily activates the 2nd relay which does nothing but break the ‘ground when armed’ connection for a short interval (using a 1Kuf capacitor and a 10K ohm resistor the interval is about 0.5 seconds which works great).
I have uploaded a diagram of what I set up.
See it below.
I’d be interested in hearing everyone’s thoughts on this. Will this setup have any unforeseen problems? So far its been working correctly every time. I learned a lot about this from information on this site. My thanks to all who contribute and keep it going!
Rollup when sector violated... Success! -- posted image.
xetmes 
Silver - Posts: 586
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2003 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
that looks like a good idea to me, cool
rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2003 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  

"themagicone" had a post :

Subject: Posted: December 11, 2002

> Heres something to try! If you have an alarm get a
> motion dector and wire it into the window control. If
> you do it right - if you leave your windows open and
> your car is armed, if someone walks by the windows
> close halfway, if they decide to put thier arm in the
> window it will close the rest of the way. Works great
> on my car and pretty easy to do. Want instructions?
> email me

I responded, his instructions were similar, yours looks great!  I'd like to catch a thief in the act.

Fullthrottle 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2003 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
rudbwoy69camaro wrote:

"themagicone" had a post :

Subject: Posted: December 11, 2002

> Heres something to try! If you have an alarm get a
> motion dector and wire it into the window control. If
> you do it right - if you leave your windows open and
> your car is armed, if someone walks by the windows
> close halfway, if they decide to put thier arm in the
> window it will close the rest of the way. Works great
> on my car and pretty easy to do. Want instructions?
> email me

I responded, his instructions were similar, yours looks great! I'd like to catch a thief in the act.

I would like to see your instructions as well.
So you are saying that when you use the vent feature of the 530T - and have a radar sensor - the windows wont go up automatically? Would love to be able to have that....
Too bad we can't just electrify the door handles with about 10,000 volts! My vehicle has been violated 3 times! Once with the windows down in my own driveway!
Fullthrottle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2003 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
One question -
shouldn't the (-) ground when violated be coming from the sensor? Not the brain? I think I am confused - where does the trigger leg from the sensor connect too?
utc13 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2003 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
My alarm is an Alpine SEC-8063... the radar sensor has its own wire harness connecting to the brain. The brain has a separate wire (coming from its main harness) that goes ground when the outer sector is violated.
Fullthrottle 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2003 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
utc13 wrote:
My alarm is an Alpine SEC-8063... the radar sensor has its own wire harness connecting to the brain. The brain has a separate wire (coming from its main harness) that goes ground when the outer sector is violated.
Oh that would explain it then! Thanks!
Im lookin at the Hornet 554T and I don't think it has a (-) at outer violation!
rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2003 at 1:35 AM / IP Logged  

Here is what "themagicone" replied:

First you need to get a window control that has a trigger that uses ground -when it gets ground ,it shuts the windows. The best one I think are the 530t and 529t from DEI. Then you need a motion dector with dual stage trigers,#520D from DEI also. There is a blue and green wire that come off the motion detector - just wire those to ground to close input and your done. The only thing is that you can't use your close when arm feature otherwise it willignore the ground from the motion sensor. If you have any more questions letme know.

Rollup when sector violated... Success! -- posted image.
utc13 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2003 at 6:45 AM / IP Logged  
This setup gave me an added bonus this past weekend. I left my windows down (while armed) while I was inside for a few hours... and an unexpected rain shower moved in. The radar sensor detected the rain (interpreted as an outer sector violation) and rolled the windows up! Man, how cool is that! Once again thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum! Couldn't have done any of this without you all!
xetmes 
Silver - Posts: 586
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2003 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  

i was thinking.... what about getting rid of the second relay and hooking the (-) when armed of the alarm to pin 87 of the first relay, then 30 to the window module? it would save you a relay, i think it would work too.. Also maybe it should have something that allows it to only be triggered once per arming so the window module doesnt keep turing on and off, i was thinking if you put a latching relay in for the first one, that way it will only hit the window module once per arming... just some ideas, maybe ill draw up a diagram since it hard to follow someones ideas in text lol

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic