icon

best system for under $1000?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
HumbleI 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2003 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
What is the best system for 96 chevy silverado for under a grand?? I am on a budget.... I already have a kenwood deck and two polk audio 6in speakers ( uninstalled... should I go polk-momo or something else??? someone sugested rockford but thatd run about $1500 any suggestions??? peace! Ian
TheMadScientist 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2003 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
Man, I am in the same boat as you on this one. I am looking for a budget system for my Ford F-150. I don't know much about what size speakers go in a silverado,but people tell me that MB Quart is a good brand for small speakers. I have decided to go with one or two 12"Kicker Solo-Baric L5 for my subs and JBL BP1200.1 to run them.The price for the Kicker's were 175 a piece.I can't remember the price on the JBL but then what I had left I spent on the MB Quart's. I haven't installed them yet but I can't wait. I hope that I have helped some.
thomasbutler 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2003 at 3:38 AM / IP Logged  
The madscientist is on the right page but for a grand and under why dont you go with the kicker solo baric L7 and the JBL 1200.1 amp.  I Know you can get the amp for under 300 dollars all day on ebay.  And The L7's are like about 180 to 200 dollars a piece.  Why go L5 when L7 is about the same price range.
TheMadScientist 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2003 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I forgot all about the L7's because nobody around here sales any L7's so I had to go with the L5's.
HumbleI 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2003 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
whats the differece between L5's and L7's??? would it be better to go with a solo baric than reg circle sub???? whats the difference between them??? I have a deck already , what amp should I use for??? should I buy two or one?? and what should I put in the doors...and the back?? Ill prob need tweeters too..... tryin to ge3t mopre bang for the buck :-D aiight thanks for the help!!! peace, Ian
TheMadScientist 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2003 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
I would say go for the Kicker Solo-Baric and the JBL BP1200.1 for the amp. I have heard this combination before and it's pretty loud. On the note of what to put in the doors and rear, just do what I am going to have to do. Go out and find what size they are and go around to different stores and listens to some products until you find what you want. I mean everybody could tell you one thing about a product then when you listen to it you could think is sounds like crap. You know? I mean your system is going into your vehicle; you want what you want, so just go out there and find something that matches your style.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic