icon

new system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
msf145 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2003 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
all right i need some adivice and comments. also i have some questions. i have a 97 eclipse i want to redo the system. i have an alpine head unit. i want to put the premium mb quart 6.5" separates in the door panel amp with a small 50 watts alpine amp. any adive on how to make a custom door panal to accomodate the separates.
                                                     then in the back now are 6.5" 's. should i put in 6x9's or get 6.5 coaxial mb quarts? or the premium separates can have the tweeter mounted in the woofer. should i get another set and do that instead. i dont know if i should amp the back speakers. i just want them for rear fill. please give me some advice.                                                                                                          now on to subs. i have 2 wo 10 inch jls. that work great. i am getting the 250/1 amp. run them paralell. now can i fit both pair of speaker wire into the input or do i some type of disturbuter to the speakers. im making a custom box. trying to figure out a nice place for the amp. maybe on the back seat. question: does anyone know where there might be a place to snake the power wire to the amp through the fire wall. or do i have to drill? i cant seem to find a place. please leave comments of what i should do differently, stuff to add etc.
ghs_wreslter189 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2003 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  

I would recommend 6.5"s in the rear.  Round speakers have always and will always give a better bass response than ovals.  6x9"s are ok if you are looking for a 4-way or 5-way speaker (not recommended from me).

As for the parallel connection, run the + wire from the + terminal on the first sub to the + wire on the terminal of the second.  same with the - .  Then run the wires from the second sub to the amp in which you will only have one + and one - in the amp inputs.

A good way to find a grommet is to take your car to Circuit City, I have found help there at no charge, if not Circuit City, try Ovation.  Just ask someone to show you a place to feed the wire through.

--Adam
msf145 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2003 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
the 6.5" in the rear. should i do coaxial. or should i do the separates where i can mount the tweeter in the middle. mb quart allows you to do this.
ghs_wreslter189 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 14, 2003 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
The best thing to do would be to get a 6.5" component system.  They will have the best mid-bass with the woofers and the best highs with the individual tweeters.  They also come with passive crossovers.  MB Quart makes excellent components as well as Alpine, Infinity, and Focal.
--Adam

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic